Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reissue Tickets at Ticket Counter? Help - Urgent

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2008, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Reissue Tickets at Ticket Counter? Help - Urgent

I'll make a long story short, but could deeply appreciate advice and help.

Purchased group tickets from Lan Airlines. 2 of them lost in mail by postal service. (very long story so I won't share that part) I asked LAN in NYC to reissue tickets this past Thursday and overnight. They did not issue until yesterday (Friday) and told me they sent via FedEx Saturday delivery. Tracking number they gave me does not show up in FedEx system. NYC office is now closed. If tickets don't arrive, when these 2 individuals get to Miami can they LAN Ticket Counter at MIA reissue the tickets once again? The ticket numbers show up at lan.com so I know the reserverations are in the system, but since they are not e-tickets I can't do anything. When I call the LAN help desk I get someone in Santiago, Chile who cannot offer any assistance.

Please help. Thank you.
Tracy
Old Jan 12, 2008, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Although I can't answer your precise question, I do know that people sometimes use the expression "Fed Ex" in the generic sense, to refer to ANY overnight courier service. I would suggest inputting the tracking number at the UPS, DHL, and US Postal Service websites to see if you get a hit. Another possibility, on the off chance that you were given an incorrect Fed Ex tracking number, is to call Fed Ex and see if they can find any Saturday delivery shipment shipped from Lan Chile's New York ZIP code yesterday to your ZIP code. I know that UPS has that capability; not sure about Fed Ex.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your reply guv1976. I tried all those things last night, and have already done so today. That's what makes this aggrevating...they told me they shipped it. No carrier shows it, my credit card doesn't show the reissue fees, and no tickets to be seen. I do have an email from their office that says they were reissued, giving me the ticket numbers, and the "tracking number." I plan to take all that to the ticket counter in Miami to possibly help my case. Thanks again guv1976. I am thankful!
Old Jan 12, 2008, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

If the reissued tickets don't show, I would suggest also bringing to the Lan ticket counter printouts from the various courier service websites showing no record of the tracking number given to you by the New York office.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 9:38 am
Original Poster

GREAT idea. I didn't think of that one. Thanks again!
Old Jan 12, 2008, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

One other thought: If the new tickets do not show up by 3 PM today (the delivery deadline for some next-day services), I would try to get a phone number for the Lan ticket counter at MIA, and ask to speak to the station manager, if available, or the supervisor on duty, if not, and alert him or her to the problem in advance of the passengers' showing up without tickets. Giving the airport folks a heads-up will probably be appreciated by them, and will give them more time to fix the problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.