Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

time for public embarassment -- who has actually bought something from SkyMall?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

time for public embarassment -- who has actually bought something from SkyMall?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2008, 8:28 am

I've bought a few things that are advertised in SkyMall but purchase them cheaper through other online stores. For example I recently bought a couple of bluetooth speakerphones for our cars from Walmart on-line that I saw in SkyMall a few months ago.
Old Jan 7, 2008, 11:33 am

Programs: Starwood Gold, HiltonHHonors Silver, Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles
I nearly bought a gadget that said it would keep your iPod charged using your on-board radio. I was skeptical of its claim, though. When I told folks about it here, they recommended an iPod gadget which extends the life with some AA batteries. That sounded great to me and I bought it on Amazon. Now I can watch movies for hours!!
Old Jan 7, 2008, 12:23 pm

Programs: CO Plat, *A Gold (all peacefully retired)
For my parents who have everything, I stumbled on the AeroGarden in Skymall, which was the perfect gift, and they love it.
I did get for much less on Ebay however.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 12:32 am

Programs: All My $$$ Went to CO (Plat) with a Lifetime PClub membership that got degraded to United crap...
Guilty....

Airline screwed up so they sent me gift certificates, ended up paying about 25 cents
Old Jan 12, 2008, 12:44 am

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by voop
y'know, that's the one thing that I am curious about. Yes, the guy looks like a dork and I am sure that so would I if I were acquiring and using one -- but I do recognize that in Y, I just don't manage to sleep "on my back" (inclined seat or otherwise) and it just *might* work out to be comfy....

....of course, steering clear of Y altogether for long-hauls is clearly my preference
This one kills me - my co-worker and I have a game to see who can ever spot one being used.

Maybe this should be a new thread - first FT'er to spot one in use should announce it!
Old Jan 12, 2008, 11:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Nothing could express one's exquisite taste for the finer things in life than Basho The Sumo Wrestler, available in both sculpture and table.

http://www.skymall.com/shopping/search.htm?query=BASHO
Old Jan 12, 2008, 2:13 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, Dirt elsewhere
What do I win?

Originally Posted by enviroian
Speaking of skymall, nothing cracks me up more than when I see that silly inflatable pillow you can buy to rest your head on as it goes onto the tray in front of you. You know the one I'm talking about--the one with the cheesy looking guy with the Hawaiian shirt on? Has anyone ever seen one of these on board? I would laugh my $ss off if I did.
I sat next to somebody using one DTW-FRA last week. He was in the exit row and used his own lap to support it. He also used it, briefly, as a footrest midflight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.