Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Some beginners Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2008, 5:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3
wow thx for all the links ^^, i will work trough them, and hope to memrize some things

well when I read, credit card, currently I am with *A and just have a Visa, are there any specials in booking? Or are those just special events?
For the Lounge in ZRH, the one at terminal E I keep forgetting the name, it states entry entry for Diners Club Members, Is this the same like just showing a boarding pass or do you get a refund.

Just today I got a special from AMEX thats states I can earn special points that I can trade for miles, just not for those I want to fly.

As you can see, this puzzles me quite a lot at the moment
Old Jan 3, 2008, 6:06 am

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
Welcome to FlyerTalk petz.

Firstly, since you're on the BMI Diamond Club Progamme you might want to check out the BMI Foum here on FlyerTalk

Kevin's method for Identifying 747's - If it looks short, its a 747SP (only a few of them around). If its got Winglets, its a 747-400. If it hasn't, look at the number at the back of the plane

You might want to download the Star Alliance Global timetable (I use the PDA Edtion). This will specifiy what equipment is allegedly booked for what date. Then spend hours on Wiki or SeatGuru working out where the best seats are....

For BMI *A redemptions, you can redeem miles, but cash and miles is better value (which makes PE/Business/First cheaper to get). Have a look at the sticky and have a read.

You'll find mileage earning pitiful in the EU to be honest in Y (economY). C (Business/Club) are better for earning within the EU (for example, there were some cheap deals allowing you to net about 7496 miles on (DUB-ZHR-AUT) for about £200. To achieve *G from scratch is 55,000 status miles, *S 19,000 status and BMI BluePlus, 3,000 status miles

AMEX does allow miles transfers to occur - these are for spending only (so called "destination" miles) so they do NOT count towards your status for next year.

Its confusing... but spend time researching, learning, reading and understanding, and it can pay off.

Good luck!
Old Jan 3, 2008, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by Kevincm

Kevin's method for Identifying 747's - If it looks short, its a 747SP (only a few of them around). If its got Winglets, its a 747-400. If it hasn't, look at the number at the back of the plane
Another clue: all -300s have the long upper deck. All -100s and all -200s except very few -200 frames have short upper deck.
Old Jan 11, 2008, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3
hi again, I need again som help

is there any posibillity to figure out what plane I had in 1984-1991 ? I know flight number i know airline but i dontn find anything yet

if it helps you LDA 501 and LDA 502 *if I remember right* it was VIE-LPA and back

it had to be either an MD81(i dont know exactly if 2-2 or 2-3, at least we had several time F class on AUA and L class on LDA, whatever that meant) or 767 ( i remember 2-3-2 seatings, and also in the same year I flew there was the accident over BKK )

another thing that i wonder, between 1987 and 1990, which would the most plausible plaine I had with RAM from VIE to AGA a B757 or B727 ? I dont remebr anything but hte ircondition semmling like rotting fish and that iam not sure if it was 3 anything or 2 anything and that I sat on the right hand side

maybe you can help me with this two *where would this question normaly go? ^^*

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.