Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Airfare to Paris for April - buy now or wait until after holidays?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airfare to Paris for April - buy now or wait until after holidays?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2007, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Question Airfare to Paris for April - buy now or wait until after holidays?

Hello all,

We will be flying to Paris on April 10th and coming home on April 18th. Right now the flights we want on Air France are about $1000 per person (inc. taxes and fees) from Philadelphia for non-stop flights both ways. It looks like both flights are about half booked (according to the seating charts I've seen) and we'd like to buy soon to ensure we get the seats we want (a set of two seats by ourselves on the side).

Would you expect the fares to go down significantly after the holidays? I'm not concerned with small differences, but if I could possibly save a few hundred dollars that would be nice. We've taken this flight before for around $700 per person, but that was in the fall.

We have already booked our accommodations and have already moved the trip back one day due to better rates, so we're sticking with this flight. It's just a matter of when to buy.

Any insight would be appreciated!

Anna & Mike
Old Dec 19, 2007, 3:56 pm

Take a look at farecompare.com. It will give you some historical pricing references to help make your decision. $1000 r/t PHL-CDG seems high for that time of year.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by annamikemc
Hello all,

We will be flying to Paris on April 10th and coming home on April 18th. Right now the flights we want on Air France are about $1000 per person (inc. taxes and fees) from Philadelphia for non-stop flights both ways. It looks like both flights are about half booked (according to the seating charts I've seen) and we'd like to buy soon to ensure we get the seats we want (a set of two seats by ourselves on the side).

Would you expect the fares to go down significantly after the holidays? I'm not concerned with small differences, but if I could possibly save a few hundred dollars that would be nice. We've taken this flight before for around $700 per person, but that was in the fall.

Anna & Mike
Welcome to FT.

Don't know where you live, but if you fly from AVP-CDG the fare is $849.93 on US. It's $7.50 per day for parking and the parking garage is about 30 steps from the terminal. The flight connects through PHL but it is less expensive for some reason or other.

Bobette

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.