Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Paranoid question - Range of 767-300 DEN-HNL?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paranoid question - Range of 767-300 DEN-HNL?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2007, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by WRCSolberg
Actually, that's not exactly true. UA usually flies 777-200A's to Hawaii, which only have a range of 3780nm or so. So a 763ER, which is the plane the OP will be flying on, actually has a much greater range than an A-model 777 does.
Oh right, I forgot. The 777s that do JFK/NRT are 200ERs.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BA, UA 2P, Hertz Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
Well, United's own 763 spec page http://travel.united.com/ube/aircraftInfo.do?keyName=763 says its range is 3,730 miles and when you try to book an itin it says that HNLDEN is 3,365 miles (which the GC mapper confirms)...

Yet another bug for the United web team...

This is EXACTLY what I was looking at when I made my original stupid comment. ^

After all the entertaining responses, I should probably clarify something. My wife is not stupid (like me), she just worries about EVERYTHING when it comes to flying. She KNOWS it's safe, she knows they wouldn't make the trip if the aircraft wasn't capable, etc. She just doesn't like flying, and I gave her one more thing to be swirling through her pretty little head in a few months. (Did that sound sexist?)

Gleaning some of the information out of the non-wiseacre's posts I now have some good news to pass on to her.

Thanks everyone for entertaining the hell out of me last night and today!
Old Nov 28, 2007, 1:54 pm

That's ok -- I have a friend whose wife made him stop at the insurance agency ON THE WAY to a ski vacation in order to get more life insurance in case he fell off a ski lift.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BA, UA 2P, Hertz Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by lupine
That's ok -- I have a friend whose wife made him stop at the insurance agency ON THE WAY to a ski vacation in order to get more life insurance in case he fell off a ski lift.
MY wife talks about increasing my life insurance EVERY time I fly. Apparently she isn't going to be able to get by on the current $1M +
Old Nov 28, 2007, 2:46 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
She'd get a lot more bang for her insurance buck if instead she insured you for extra for every time you drove. Or maybe she'd prefer to buy extra insurance for whenever there's a stormy day since you might get hit by lightning. Either insurance would be more likely to be needed than extra life insurance for one airplane flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.