Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Disgusting Things You've Seen Inflight

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2008, 3:11 am

Programs: Enough to travel better
Originally Posted by DCAMIA
OMG..this is officially the worst story I have heard. I'm traumatized, and I didn't even see it.

The projectile vomit thing seems to be the in thing in the UK these days. Bad case of a stomach bug thats filling up hospitals.
Well, I found the perfect forum to write part of my flight from hell in which I will only mention the gross part on this thread. More of this flight on another thread:

Two nights ago, I was on DL 133 from JFK - LAX. After mayhem occured when DL decided to switch seats for several pax while boarding, our flight finally took off. Moments after take-off, a kid in the row in back of me decides to barf all over the place. 3 FAs came by with tons of towels, airsick bags and gloves to clean the mess. Regugitated nachos all over the place. The stench in the cabin resulted in my seatmates pulling out their perfumes. A woman across from me said "Delta, never again! Let's start our own airline." The clean up continued where the FAs had to remove the seat cushions and bring all the soiled cushions, towels, etc. to the rear lav,which resulted in closing that lav for the rest of the flight.

Then 3 hours later, my seatmate next to me decides to get sick and immediately starts barfing. Unbelievable! Perhaps it was the foul recirculated air that made her sick but I think my seatmate may have had one too many drinks and the kid behind me just had a weak stomach for the flight was relatively smooth. In between all this, another man in an adjacent seat was "sawing wood" by snoring loudly. Meanwhile of course, the sick passengers remained in their precious seats and could not be moved somewhere else because the plane was completely full.

Towards the end of the flight, I turned to the woman who said "Delta, never again" and I said "Now what was that you said earlier about starting your own airline?"
Old Jan 24, 2008, 5:12 am

Programs: FB, EB, Delta, AC, PC, HH.
A friend of mine has a very sick humor. He told me that him and his buddies sometimes pull pranks on fellow passengers. It goes like this:

Take one small jar of baby food. Preferably one with white gravy and chopped up little bits of various colorful veggies, meat etc. Once on board and in flight, put jar of baby food in to sick bag, smear a little on face and procede to make loud barf sounds while your mate starts acting like he's really worried about you, calling for help etc.

Once you stop tell friend you are OK "must have been something I've eaten. I don't get airsick." and start moving out of your seat making everyone aware that you need to go to the bathroom and clean up and to get rid of the bag.

While walking down the isle, stick fingers in bag and dip them in baby food then in to mouth. "Mmmmm this is yummy!" Shout back to friend how good it tastes. Offer one or two of the passengers to have a taste.

Then watch the entire plane load of people, including FAs, scramble to pull out airbags and start barfing.

Well, 20 years ago, this worked. Today I think this kind of prank would have gotten you arrested.

I told you he had a sick sense of humor.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 6:42 am

Programs: WN, Marriott, Choice
Originally Posted by Emma65
"Mmmmm this is yummy!"...
I told you he had a sick sense of humor.
Shades of Bill Murray in Caddyshack. Baby Ruth candy bar.... you remember the scene
Old Jan 24, 2008, 7:48 am

Programs: Continental, Northwest, AA, Southwest
Sometimes sitting in 1st isn't all that great

I was on a PHL to Seattle flight in first class. A young woman was next to me and eager to chat (she'd been upgraded because 3 of her earlier flights had been canceled). "What's your name?" "What do you do for a living?" Etc. Then, she announced, "Heh, I am a phone sex worker" and she tried to regale me with some of her best stories. I wasn't interested and tried to get some work done. She kept leaning over the arm rest, trying to read what was on my laptop screen, and asking me questions. As soon as the flight attendant started serving drinks, the young woman started drinking heavily. She sampled just about everything that was available -- hard booze, wine, and beer. After a couple of hours she was drunk as a skunk. The flight attendant tried to cut her off (although I thought the effort was half-hearted), but the woman said with slurred words, "I'm young and I can drink a lot!" I thought she was going to puke on me. Thank god she finally passed out about a 1/2 hr out of SEA.

I'll take sitting next to a grandmother in coach any day.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 9:03 am

Programs: NWA, AA
Originally Posted by tonywestsider
Well, I found the perfect forum to write part of my flight from hell in which I will only mention the gross part on this thread. More of this flight on another thread:

Two nights ago, I was on DL 133 from JFK - LAX. After mayhem occured when DL decided to switch seats for several pax while boarding, our flight finally took off. Moments after take-off, a kid in the row in back of me decides to barf all over the place. 3 FAs came by with tons of towels, airsick bags and gloves to clean the mess. Regugitated nachos all over the place. The stench in the cabin resulted in my seatmates pulling out their perfumes. A woman across from me said "Delta, never again! Let's start our own airline." The clean up continued where the FAs had to remove the seat cushions and bring all the soiled cushions, towels, etc. to the rear lav,which resulted in closing that lav for the rest of the flight.

Then 3 hours later, my seatmate next to me decides to get sick and immediately starts barfing. Unbelievable! Perhaps it was the foul recirculated air that made her sick but I think my seatmate may have had one too many drinks and the kid behind me just had a weak stomach for the flight was relatively smooth. In between all this, another man in an adjacent seat was "sawing wood" by snoring loudly. Meanwhile of course, the sick passengers remained in their precious seats and could not be moved somewhere else because the plane was completely full.

Towards the end of the flight, I turned to the woman who said "Delta, never again" and I said "Now what was that you said earlier about starting your own airline?"

I would have come totally unglued! I have a vomit phobia, and no way could I have stayed seated by the pukers! I probably would have ended up getting arrested upon arrival for failing to stay in my seat.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 11:22 am

Programs: Enough to travel better
Hi Pickinp,
I fully agree. Believe it or not, I just described the grossest parts of the flight. There were other things that happened at check-in and on board that contributed to this being the "flight from hell" which I will post separately and also send a strong comment to Delta. Believe me, the entire flight experience would make anyone jump out of their skins!

Tonywestsider
Old Jan 24, 2008, 3:51 pm

Programs: AEROPLAN
Durian is banned in many places because it smells like fresh feces.(seriously)
Old Jan 24, 2008, 3:56 pm

Programs: AS-GoldMVP,Hilton, Hyatt, Hertz
Originally Posted by pickinp
I would have come totally unglued! I have a vomit phobia, and no way could I have stayed seated by the pukers! I probably would have ended up getting arrested upon arrival for failing to stay in my seat.
I do too. I would have run to the furthest toilet from the area and locked the door.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 4:43 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
Originally Posted by st7860
Durian is banned in many places because it smells like fresh feces.(seriously)
No, it doesn't. Seriously. I might not want to foist it on my fellow
FlyerTalkers, though ... would I?
Old Jan 25, 2008, 1:03 am

Programs: UA1P
Originally Posted by jmpeace501
And a couple drinking Starbucks coffee and eating beef jerky at the same time. **wants to gag at the thought** lol
Agreed. Charbucks is so overroasted it just tastes like carbon. This is typically done with inferior beans and called French or Italian roast.

Was downgraded on a AC flight from HKG to YYZ. A migrant farm worker looking guy had his bare feet on teh tray table, inches from the pax's head in front of him, sticking into the aisle way where you could see the dry flaky skin shed off when he scratched them, changed their kids diaper on the tray table, tried pacifying the kid by slapping 'it,' and then when I went to the bathroom, I came back to find him sleeping in my damn seat. The FA got me a blanket and a number of new pillows from F to cover the disease up.

Woman doing her nails.

Bare feet up on the bulkhead.

Young backpacker EWR to England had feet that almost had me throwing up.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 8:37 am

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
Probably the most disgusting thing I've seen in flight was a woman changing her baby's diaper on the seat... in business class on JAL, from NRT to ORD. (I guess some people just have no class, regardless of the section of the plane they're in.)
Old Jan 25, 2008, 9:00 am

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
people wiping boogers on the seats

Ciao,
FH
Old Feb 19, 2008, 11:00 am

Programs: UA1K, F9 Ascent
This occurred on an Egypt Air flight from Bombay to Cairo. As the meal service was being cleared the passengers began lining up for the lav's and the lines were at least 5 or 6 deep for what seemed like hours. Finally, no lines and I made my way to the head. I opened the door and found myself staring at a soggy and soiled Mount Everest of toilet paper. The tip of the mountain had to be a full 8 inches above the seat. I quickly shut the door, crossed the aisle and tried another one. While not as voluminous as the first, another mountain was growing. Nasty!
Old Feb 19, 2008, 11:55 am

Programs: Delta UA Spg
Last week on a flight from nrt to can the man in the seat next to me took out a vomit bag and proceeded to cough up and spit into it every 15 minutes . The bag sat opened on his tray when not in use. By the end of the flight I was close to losing it .
Old Feb 19, 2008, 1:26 pm

Programs: NWA - Platinum
Originally Posted by Unimatrix One
Probably the most disgusting thing I've seen in flight was a woman changing her baby's diaper on the seat... in business class on JAL, from NRT to ORD. (I guess some people just have no class, regardless of the section of the plane they're in.)
That isn't very disgusting, I mean some baby's do know how to stink it up but get real...a mom changing a baby's diaper....in public....<gasp>....oooh how awful!

If you had said she was messy about it, it got on the seat, something like that I would say gross but that isn't typically how it works. these Moms are professionals. They know how to get a messy diaper clean in record time without making a mess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.