On-airport hotels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

On-airport hotels

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2007, 8:25 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, DL Silver, UA Gold, *A Gold, OW Emerald
I was surprised to see that HSV, Huntsville, Alabama, has a Sheraton in the airport terminal. I have stayed in hotels on airport property at Dtw, Mco, Tpa and Yvr. The Wyndham Hotel ABQ is a very short walk from the terminal.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 8:44 am

Programs: AA EXP 1M, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz President Circle
You can add YEG (Renaissance/<Marriott based property>) to this list .. It is outside of security; however, it is walkable <5 minutes from edge of hotel entrance to security. Very nice / sharp hotel, and it is has only been open for a few months
Old Sep 12, 2014, 8:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Since this thread began, I've actually stayed in the IAH and PHL Marriotts.

YUL also has a nice Marriott in the terminal.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by rwsatl
ATL does not have a hotel inside or connected to the airport.
Most convenient in ATL would be the new Marriott Gateway or Residence Inn that is along the Rental Car tram - about 2 minutes away from the airport, trams run every 2 minutes or so. Not the same as simply walking, but can be more convenient than some on-airport hotels (such as when I've stayed at the Hilton BOS and had a flight out of Terminal B).

I believe the new Master Plan for ATL does call for an in-terminal hotel.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
Originally Posted by pinniped
MCO, CDG, FRA

I've connected through all four of those ones you list, but don't recall seeing hotels physically inside the terminal building or easily walkable a short distance outside. But then again, I wasn't paying close attention...
Sofitel at CDG.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Sheraton YYZ is a cover walkway from Terminal 3 across the roadway. Great place to overnight for early morning departures.

CP Changi is connected to SIN Terminal 3. Another early departure next morning favourite.

DTW Westin is wonderful with dedicated security entrance. When I have VDB overnight from DTW to YYZ I just ask for the DL discount code instead of shuttling to offsite accommodation and back the next morning. I have always receive the comp'ed breakfast with this rate using SPG card.

Last edited by tentseller; Sep 13, 2014 at 3:43 pm
Old Sep 13, 2014, 10:59 pm

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
Can you actually access the Hyatt Regency at DFW terminal C on foot? It doesn't seem like it's easy. Or convenient. Or safe. Of course, it's a totally different story with the Grand Hyatt at Terminal D. Of course, if you have a checked bag and you arrive at a terminal other than D, then you need a shuttle.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 11:01 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Some not mentioned: Airside hotels at NRT, HKG, and CPH. Adjacent landside hotel at KIX and DFW (2 different Hyatts). Landside hotel at LGW, new landside hotels since the last post on LHR -- including the Sofitel at T5 and the Yotel at T4. BRU has a rather decrepit Sheraton landside.

Probably forgotten some I've stayed at!
Old Sep 14, 2014, 6:40 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus, EVA Infinity Mileage Lands, Alaska mileage plan
EWR has a JW Marriott on the airport property that I have stayed in. TPE terminal 2 has a short stay hotel inside security. BKK has a Novotel on the airport property, you can go downstairs and go through a tunnel to get to it without needing a shuttle.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 6:58 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
AMS has an airside transit hotel. It's down the hall on the second floor beyond the KLM nonschengen lounge.

ATH has a French chain hotel, IIRC a Sofitel, just across the roadway where taxis drop off passengers.

It's been a while, but IIRC Brussels has a Sheraton right at the airport.

MUC has a Kempinski right at the airport, although it's closer to the terminal used by LH and *A.

FRA has two airport hotels, land side and close to the train station as well as the terminal entry for LH flights. IIRC the brands are Westin (definitely Starwood and with a good lounge) and a newer Hilton.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 9:01 am

Programs: Independent
BDL has a Sheraton in the terminal, but pre-security.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 9:06 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Most real hotels are land side. The airside hotels tend to be special transit hotels, like the three in SIN that are operated by an outfit that has some contract lounges at the airport too.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 10:27 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by CharlieA
EWR has a JW Marriott on the airport property that I have stayed in. TPE terminal 2 has a short stay hotel inside security. BKK has a Novotel on the airport property, you can go downstairs and go through a tunnel to get to it without needing a shuttle.
TPE also has a Novotel on airport grounds.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by jsmeeker
Can you actually access the Hyatt Regency at DFW terminal C on foot? It doesn't seem like it's easy. Or convenient. Or safe. Of course, it's a totally different story with the Grand Hyatt at Terminal D. Of course, if you have a checked bag and you arrive at a terminal other than D, then you need a shuttle.
I walked from Terminal C to the Hyatt Regency when I stayed there about a year ago.

Not the easiest walk (have to go through the parking garage, up and down stairs) but certainly doable. Took about 10 minutes to walk once leaving security.

If I had anything more than a carryon and briefcase, I'd advise against it though.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 9:22 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by rwsatl
ATL does not have a hotel inside or connected to the airport.
It's even smaller than a Yotel and you have to pay extra to shower, but ATL does have a Minute Suites in Concourse B.

http://minutesuites.com/locations/hartsfield-jackson/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.