FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TravelBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz-176/)
-   -   On-airport hotels (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz/722536-airport-hotels.html)

ctuttle Aug 6, 2007 2:20 pm

On-airport hotels

I have a bunch of trips to out of the way places where travel is going to be a pain - small cities with double hop connections. To minimize travel I was thinking of flying back to a hub on the last flight of the day, spending the night there and flying home on the first flight in the morning. So I am looking for on airport grounds hotels - hotels where you can walk to the gate from your room, no shuttle, so I can get the most amount of sleep.

I have stayed at the Hilton at ORD, the Westin at DTW, the Hyatts at DFW and PIT.

What about PHI, ATL, IAH, and CLT?

pinniped Aug 6, 2007 2:33 pm

MCO, CDG, FRA

I've connected through all four of those ones you list, but don't recall seeing hotels physically inside the terminal building or easily walkable a short distance outside. But then again, I wasn't paying close attention...

rkkwan Aug 6, 2007 2:41 pm

Marriott at IAH. Between Terminals B and C. Connected to all terminals via the underground people mover. Or you can walk along the tracks.

bmr12 Aug 6, 2007 8:32 pm

BOS. The Hilton is nice and frequently available on Priceline (or at least it was).

Efrem Aug 6, 2007 8:51 pm

CDG, LHR and SIN.
        If memory serves, the hotel (Sheraton?) at Bradley Field - (Hartford, Conn., and Springfield, Mass.) had a billboard reading "If we were any closer to the planes, you'd need a pilot's license." BDL isn't exactly a hub, though.

zdave Aug 6, 2007 8:59 pm

If you are out west, SMF has a hotel easily walkable directly across the street from the "B" terminal. It is a large independent that appears to have conference/banquet facilities. I have not stayed there.

Fredd Aug 6, 2007 9:08 pm

TPA has a Marriott inside. If you're going further afield YVR has a Fairmont inside and MUC has a Hilton that involves less than a minute walk outside.

deubster Aug 7, 2007 6:03 am

I've stayed at both the Hyatts at DFW numerous times. Both are clean, relatively quiet, have bars open late, 24 hr coffee shop w/ some premade food. Grand is about $100/night more than Regency. Both have lots of specials and Regency accepts Priceline sometimes (though both are big meeting/convention hotels, so sometimes they are full).

Pinniped - don't know how you could miss them, especially if you've ever ridden the tram that circles the terminals. The tram has stops at both.

rwsatl Aug 7, 2007 6:25 am

ATL does not have a hotel inside or connected to the airport.

etch5895 Aug 7, 2007 6:34 am

CLT has no on-site hotels, although several are close via van shuttle.

Jetstreamer Aug 7, 2007 6:47 am

Originally Posted by etch5895 (Post 8188261)
        CLT and PHL have no on-site hotels, although several are close via van shuttle.

PHL has the Marriott which I stayed at last year - this is connected to the terminal - the walking route is sign posted throughout the airport.

etch5895 Aug 7, 2007 7:09 am

Originally Posted by Jetstreamer (Post 8188303)
        PHL has the Marriott which I stayed at last year - this is connected to the terminal - the walking route is sign posted throughout the airport.

You're right. I forgot about the Marriot. I'll edit my post.

donaghadee Aug 7, 2007 7:17 am

BFS and NCL - not much good for US hubs I know but still qualify

pinniped Aug 7, 2007 8:05 am

Originally Posted by deubster (Post 8188169)
        Pinniped - don't know how you could miss them, especially if you've ever ridden the tram that circles the terminals. The tram has stops at both.

Oh, I knew about the DFW Hyatts...spent six months flying in/out of DFW, working in Irving. It was the others on the list that I wasn't aware of hotels. For example, I haven't connected at IAH in about 8 years, and when I did I literally ran from one gate to the next and never knew there was a Marriott there.

UAVirgin Aug 7, 2007 8:14 am

MCO has a really nice Hyatt inside the terminal (at the North end of the main terminal area.)