Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No cc charge yet for Sixt rental car

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2007, 10:19 am
Original Poster

No cc charge yet for Sixt rental car

We rented one through Expedia in Avignon, France; returned it June 2. There was only a shack at the TGV station parking lot. I'm not sure the attendent for the return was even a Sixt employee. But, no credit card charge yet. Should I be worried?
Old Jun 15, 2007, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by margered
We rented one through Expedia in Avignon, France; returned it June 2. There was only a shack at the TGV station parking lot. I'm not sure the attendent for the return was even a Sixt employee. But, no credit card charge yet. Should I be worried?
Worried about what? LOL
Old Jun 15, 2007, 11:25 pm

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
CC imprint on airport shuttle

I once rode Super Shuttle from Boulder to DIA with my corporate CC of which the driver took an imprint. I got reimbursed after a month but still no charge. Then I looked at the receipt and saw the expiration date not quite legible. I e-mailed them on their website link, stating the CC's last 4 digits, date, time, to, from, and the expiration date. They charged it, which means the MM/YY was indeed the problem.
Old Jun 15, 2007, 11:32 pm

I had a similar situation returning a rental car in Sharjah, UAE. I had picked up at the Avis in Dubai, and returned in Sharjah. Get to the airport early and the rental car thing wasn't even open. No drop box either. This super helpful airport worker helped us by calling the Dubai branch and then took the car from us and parked it somewhere. I was sorta horrified that I might be responsible for it not being returned. But alas - it took a couple days, but I got charged and all was OK.
Old Jun 15, 2007, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by margered
I'm sure that someone is driving it around Eastern Europe as we speak! You'll get a bill for 20,000 Euros a couple of months.
Old Jun 16, 2007, 11:43 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
I had an airline ticket post four months after the trip, but car rentals usually pretty quick.

I would assume if they didn't get the car back you would have heard from them long before now.
Old Jun 16, 2007, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Late postings

I had a Disneyland Tokyo post 1 month after we went, and Clinton Library entrance fee post 4 months later.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Quick update. The charge finally posted to my cc June 22. Thanks for all your replies.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 3:42 pm

Programs: AC, AA, DL, UA
I've had charges post months later in the past.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.