$125 Dockers = free roundtrip ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$125 Dockers = free roundtrip ticket

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2008, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Finally had resolution. I paid attention to some of the actions taken against TLC and had done a slight variation. They totally disregarded the 5 calls I made to them, and blew past my 3 dates. I had an attorney draft a letter to Walter and received a call approximately 1 week later.

I was able to get Marcello to call me and he followed through on getting a flight (although to an alternate airport). It's good enough, I'll take it. Sadly, the "taxes and fees" were about $100. Total cost $256 for clothes and plane ticket. The airline website shows the tickete value around $460; so they must be swallowing their own vomit on this one.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 11:05 pm

Programs: DL Diamond. LT SkyClub, AGR, passport
Certainly glad I paid for the return receipt postage. Was weary from the beginning. I have two vouchers and my brother has two vouchers sent into TLC. We mailed them the last day. Got the phone call today, I plan on taking the flights. That is what lured me into this promotion and that is what it will take to make me satisfied.....well, maybe I would take a NWA $300 voucher for each TLC voucher....but I think the flights I selected will cost more like $400 each. It was a good deal and now Dockers, JCP, or/and TLC are going to have to live up to their end of the deal. I followed the rules and so should they. I just can not believe they did not see this coming.....and I am sure there was plenty of breakage on this program. Not sure how TLC gets paid, but I bet less than 35% of the customers that qualified for this promotion actually followed through will everything that needed to be done.

Now, even more breakage....how do you prove you respond with your phone call by July 31? (I guess just record the call)
Old Jul 23, 2008, 8:04 pm

how?

How are you all getting options for cash, rest, etc? What do I have to do or where do I call? Dockers called and said someone would handle my reservation, nothing has happened yet.

Please explain how we can get a refund?

thanks
Old Jul 24, 2008, 2:30 pm

Refund??

TLC Marketing, who is handling the distribution of the promotional offer for Dockers made automated phone calls to many of the people who submitted vouchers for an airline ticket. They (TLC) said the response was overwhelming and airline cutbacks have made availability more scarce. The gave a phone number, 617-305-4099 to call to request alternative awards. The awards offered were; 1 - $125 cash reimbursement 2 - $150 in restaurant certificates, or 3 - contact TLC for flight availability. Don't expect to speak with a live person as the phone number is automated and you just leave you name and contact info. When I called, I let them know I still wanted my flight. That was on July 7, 2008. After complaining to Dockers, I have only recieved an automated phone call from TLC stating that they had recieved my request for a flight and someone would be in touch. Still waiting........
Old Jul 24, 2008, 7:54 pm

thanks!!

Originally Posted by Tranquility
TLC Marketing, who is handling the distribution of the promotional offer for Dockers made automated phone calls to many of the people who submitted vouchers for an airline ticket. They (TLC) said the response was overwhelming and airline cutbacks have made availability more scarce. The gave a phone number, 617-305-4099 to call to request alternative awards. The awards offered were; 1 - $125 cash reimbursement 2 - $150 in restaurant certificates, or 3 - contact TLC for flight availability. Don't expect to speak with a live person as the phone number is automated and you just leave you name and contact info. When I called, I let them know I still wanted my flight. That was on July 7, 2008. After complaining to Dockers, I have only recieved an automated phone call from TLC stating that they had recieved my request for a flight and someone would be in touch. Still waiting........
You are a dear!! I got nothing to loose but to give them another call - many thanks.
Old Jul 26, 2008, 1:29 pm

Arrow Still Waiting

No call still from TLC. I spoke again with the Dockers Mgr. Seems she was delaying processing my $250 she said she was sending. After I reminded her she said she would process it right away. Had a long talk about TLC and she seemed to be trying to defend them. Said they had comitted to calling everyone by 7/31/08. I aked her why I should beleive them. They have missed every other date committment they had set. TLC never even responded to BBB. Finally I got her to commit that if I haven't heard from TLC by 7/31, then Dockers would get involved on 8/1 and get this settled. She did say that TLC will not try to disqualify my voucher based on overlapping dates if I had received a call saying the voucher was filled out correctly. (which I had)

Only problem now is that an acceptable airfare price have gone up. There is one for $308 pp but it is a redeye and not acceptable. My position is that an acceptable flight was available for weeks and if they called me when they should have, I would have gotten an acceptable flight for the price of the redeye.

If they don't call by 7/31 I want Dockers to pay the difference to me form the cost of the flights and the $250 they say they are sending . Oh well, only time will tell! Best of luck to everyone. It's a matter of pride with me now. I SHALL PREVAIL! (or speak with the CEO of Dockers & Pennys while trying)
Old Jul 27, 2008, 4:20 pm

Programs: All, but no status!
Great Experience

I had a very good experience with this promotion.

I submitted my voucher last Autumn trying to go from BOS to MIA or Orlando over Christmas.

I was told the valid fares were all sold out, so I should try other dates. I got three live follow-up calls from TLC asking me for my new list of dates before I was ready to pick some.

As a general rule, airline tickets can be booked 331 days in advance; I called TLC at the beginning of February and they booked me right away on a flight to go to Florida for this Christmas. In fact, they even let me pick a better destination city not on the list, since the cost was the same to them.

Overall, I am very pleased with the whole experience. I'm surrised with the angry bitter tone of some of the other posts -- for a free flight, one should expect to have to be flexible. To me it seems unreasonable that people would be demanding to get a free unrestricted coach seat for specific dates.

I find that being polite and flexible works well in most situations.

Just my two cents; I've also done other great Dockers promos for free TiVo and free gas.
Old Jul 27, 2008, 7:42 pm

Arrow Tim

Originally Posted by Tim_C

I submitted my voucher last Autumn trying to go from BOS to MIA or Orlando over Christmas.

I was told the valid fares were all sold out, so I should try other dates. I got three live follow-up calls from TLC asking me for my new list of dates before I was ready to pick some.

As a general rule, airline tickets can be booked 331 days in advance; I called TLC at the beginning of February and they booked me right away on a flight to go to Florida for this Christmas. In fact, they even let me pick a better destination city not on the list, since the cost was the same to them.

Overall, I am very pleased with the whole experience. I'm surrised with the angry bitter tone of some of the other posts -- for a free flight, one should expect to have to be flexible. To me it seems unreasonable that people would be demanding to get a free unrestricted coach seat for specific dates.

Just my two cents; I've also done other great Dockers promos for free TiVo and free gas.

Tim, I'm glad that you had a positive experience with TLC in this promotion. From what I've heard you may be the exception and not the rule.

I have to admit I am now a little bitter. While I feel Dockers has been fair to me and sounds like they will help should TLC fail to contact me by 7/31, I don't feel that TLC is a reputable company and hope other major retailers shun them in the future.

Why am I a little bitter at TLC and this promotion?

First when I saw the promotion advertised At my JC Penny store, no where did the ads say anything about selecting 3 dates and 3 destinations. The ads did imply that you would get a free coach ticket to one of 10 cities. I think a reasonable person would expect to have to be flexible on the dates, but the destinations...come on! Who travels this way! Only after your purchase when you start looking into the details does this become apparant. It is a thinly veiled attempt to make the reward worthless and I'm sure many dropped out at this point. Oh well, if its a promotion from two well known companies in the US I thought, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Second, after complying with all the rules of the contest and not recieving a call within 2 weeks (as their rules state) after sending in the voucher, I am told they will call me at least 2 weeks before my first date. (in late Oct) Unacceptable to me. Again, who makes travel arrangements this way. If TLC had asked for my patience and I would get a call within say another 2 weeks, (100% extra time) I could deal with that. A call sometime within the next 4 months...no!

Third, I receive a call saying I filled out my voucher correctly and someday will get a call to arrange travel. After contacting Dockers, I am told TLC is considering voiding my voucher since some dates overlap. (not a violation of any rule I can find) Dockers was able to get them to not drop my voucher for these dates overlapping!

Now they say they will call me by July 31. This is over 2 months past the time I should have received a call to book, and the rules say all flights must be in 2008. Also, TLC has not met any of their previous commitments to me so why should I expect they will meet this one!

I think any reasonable person can see that the amount of flexibility they demand is ridiculous and again an attempt to invalidate the reward from the promotion. If I am bitter it was carefully orchestrated by TLC . I had never heard of TLC previously, but I expected more from Dockers and JCP.

FYI, in all conversations to TLC and Dockers, I spoke with the utmost respect and polite calm when discussing my claim. I realize that the people answering the phone are not the people who design these programs and will not take out my frustrations on them.

I know from reading this BB that many have had even worse experiences with this promotion and mine is but one of many. The only thing I know defintely is that sometimes it takes persistance, which is what I'm determined to demonstrate if neccessary.

Again, congratulations on your experience. I must say I'm a little jealous.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 12:12 pm

Congratulations, care to help others?

Originally Posted by Tim_C

Hi Tim, Glad things worked out for you. Your post makes a lot of sense, because the airlines can book flights in advance. Keep in mind that because of this, there really is no reason that TLC marketing can't hold up their obligations under this offer. Since things went so well with you, do you care to share a phone number, email, or other contact information to speak with a live person. It seems that the only contact TLC marketing is making now is via prerecorded answering machine.

PS: Who are you flying with and what city did you finally agree to fly into?
Old Jul 28, 2008, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
septrack,

Every brouchure I saw at Pennys had the details (maybe in fine print) on how this works. And in fact had a web site to check. In fact, I think almost everyone here saw those limitations and one had to enter 3 destinations and 3 dates on the form. Did you not get the request form at Pennys (with 3 dates and destinations)? Anyway, I think it was strange and not easy to figrue out - but not deceptive.

The communications part was fair - poor. In may case, I called them and got someone who said they would call me back. I cannot remember exactly what happened, but did get my flights on day and destination requested ok. (I did this late last year, so do not remembe all). I see others had much more difficulty. Agree - Pennys and Dockers should have stepped in and got this smoothed out. I flew on United and got FF miles.

Hard to say why some got thru the process ok, and others did not.

Summary: I think many of these "too good to be true" deals are done on very thin margins with "shaky companies". The restrictions probably meant many did not go on the trip, maybe the intent. But mine and my brother's worked out ok.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 6:04 pm

Arrow Sapman

Its been a long time since a year ago fathers day, but the 3x4 slip of paper I picked up at JCP was the only item available or at least readily visiable at the store I purchased my Dockers. This of course excepting the large full color picture of an airplane stating buy Dockers get a free flight which was on every turnstile featuring Dockers. Maybe they were out of the brochures you mention. This paper was in black and white and had little info other than to go online for the rules and a list of the ten participating cities. I do not remember any mention of three dates and three destinations.

Anyway, my skepticism with TLC was rewarded today. Another automated phone call stating that they have extended the deadline again and SOMETIME they will call me to book a flight. Then it not so tactifully says, "calling TLC will not expedite your request". Now I still hope that the Dockers Mgr I spoke with is as good as her word, and will move on August 1 to get resolution for me. We'll see!
Old Jul 31, 2008, 9:05 am

Programs: WN, AA, HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by AJSpark
I'm requesting travel from LAX to Boston, NYC, or Washington DC with departure on Aug 26, 27 or 28, return on Sept 2, 3, or 4. I'll post as things progress.

Has anyone been successful in re-booking the TLC reservations to other dates and/or destinations through the airline?
Sorry for not keeping up with things (my stepmom's health was failing and I was her caretaker for a while), but here's a summary.

Apr. 29 - mailed in voucher, paid extra for delivery confirmation

May 1 - Delivery confirmed

Around June 1 - Received automated call saying that all terms were met, voucher was filled out properly, and I would receive a call within 2 weeks to book flights.

June 27 - Left for a 2-week trip, no call yet

July 12 - Returned from trip to find automated message on answering machine. Message was the one about rising fuel costs, etc, impacting promotional flight availability. But the answering machine cut off the rest of the message so I didn't get a number to call.

July 31 - Here we are, the last day to book flights! And my requested dates are only a few weeks away.

What if I want to continue to book my flights? Do I have a prayer?? And is there a number I can call to talk to a live person and get reservations?
Old Jul 31, 2008, 8:29 pm

Arrow Aj

AJ.. You need to call TLC ASAP. It is my understanding that if you don't respond to their request specifying which of their 3 choices you decided on, they will reject your voucher all together. I'm sure i read on this thread where someone posted the special phone number. Sorry but I don't have it. If that doesn't work call 1800Dockers and tell them your problem.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 8:48 pm

Programs: CO-plat, SPG-plat
Originally Posted by septrack
AJ.. You need to call TLC ASAP. It is my understanding that if you don't respond to their request specifying which of their 3 choices you decided on, they will reject your voucher all together. I'm sure i read on this thread where someone posted the special phone number. Sorry but I don't have it. If that doesn't work call 1800Dockers and tell them your problem.
617-305-4099. Hurry AJ!
Old Aug 4, 2008, 6:07 am

Programs: WN, AA, HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Totoro
617-305-4099. Hurry AJ!
Thanks,guys! After trying for 20 minutes (on the 31st) and getting nothing but a busy signal, I finally got through (to a recording) and left my preference: give me my money back. I have absolutely NO FAITH in TLC to get me my flights and I have better things to do with my life than fight them. It absolutely astounds me (though I'm not sure why, at this point) that I HAD TO PAY FOR THE CALL. Good riddance to bad rubbish, as my grandma used to say.

Now I guess I'll have to wait and see if the check comes. There's no way to contact them other than that pay-for-the-call number, right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.