Reload this Page >

$125 Dockers = free roundtrip ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$125 Dockers = free roundtrip ticket

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2007, 3:03 pm

I bought the clothes, got the form, sent it in with the receipt, got the package, sent travel date request form on Nov 13. Got a recorded voice mail that they had received the voucher on Nov 28 which said somebody would be contacting me sometime. Now Dec 5. Still waiting. Is this typical?
Old Dec 5, 2007, 7:22 pm

Smile Got my ticket!

Mailed Booking request 11/16/07. Contacted 12/04/07 and offered first choice destination (SFO) and first choice of departure and return dates (March-April 2008 flights). Flight were at reasonable times (9 AM and 1 PM departures - no red eyes or early bird flights). Cost was $91.41 of which $61.41 was tax. Ticket booked through UAL site would have cost about $325. All in all, a very good result.^
Old Dec 6, 2007, 8:43 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
Originally Posted by bakoboy
I bought the clothes, got the form, sent it in with the receipt, got the package, sent travel date request form on Nov 13. Got a recorded voice mail that they had received the voucher on Nov 28 which said somebody would be contacting me sometime. Now Dec 5. Still waiting. Is this typical?
I would give them until 13 Dec before you call them. But have your options with you and ready to discuss at that time. They seem to be able to work things out if you have some options if your 1st choice is not available.
Old Dec 7, 2007, 2:50 pm

Got a call back that was on my answering machine from the concierge desk re: my flight requests. They said that they didn't have any availability for the dates I want, but that availability may open up later. I'm try to get to BOS from the west coast in early June. They left a number to call. I called it, but it was a recording to leave a message, and somebody will get back to me within the next business day (Anyone willing to take that bet?)

Advice?
Old Dec 12, 2007, 5:37 pm

No call on 12/10. Called, left message. No call on 12/11. Called, left message. No call on 12/12.

What should I do? Chalk it up to a useless, fruitless ripoff by Penney's and Dockers and TLC marketing? If I knew this was going to such a frustrating thing, then I wouldn't have participated. But who to take it up with?

Penney's?
Docker?
TLC Marketing? (They don't return calls, so I doubt they would return mail)
Old Dec 16, 2007, 7:46 am

I sent in my vouchers yesterday and expect a delay in hearing back, due to the holidays. It appears that there is a fair amount of availability for my 1st choice trip, so I can hope, right? Whatever. Any flights for us to any of the destinations usually cost $400 - $700, so if I have to pay the fees they charge, it would still be a great deal.
Mr. atdbl needed the clothes, so it's OK.
I will update when I hear back.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by bakoboy
No call on 12/10. Called, left message. No call on 12/11. Called, left message. No call on 12/12.

What should I do? Chalk it up to a useless, fruitless ripoff by Penney's and Dockers and TLC marketing? If I knew this was going to such a frustrating thing, then I wouldn't have participated. But who to take it up with?
If you haven't been booked within the 14 days, file a BBB complaint against TLC Marketing: http://www.boston.bbb.org

You should get a call within a few days. Don't expect them to call you back if you haven't filed a BBB complaint.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 3:44 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by thenewbie
If you haven't been booked within the 14 days, file a BBB complaint against TLC Marketing: http://www.boston.bbb.org

You should get a call within a few days. Don't expect them to call you back if you haven't filed a BBB complaint.
Is filing with the Boston BBB the best way to go?

Edit: Guess it doesn't matter, it figures out for you where to file the complaint.

Last edited by alphaeagle; Dec 27, 2007 at 1:40 am
Old Jan 15, 2008, 8:57 am

Programs: ex-DL FO, what a pedigree
Anyone have recent success stories to post with the certs? After three phone calls and a resubmission, I now have two of these to use, sell, or trade. I'm not sure what sounds the best.

Possibilities include a quick weekend getaway for me and the Mrs., though our choices are limited by the fact that we both teach and our summer is already pretty full. Leaves us maybe a spring break trip or president's day/memorial day weekend.

Could just try to do two quick mileage runs on my own, not sure if these accrue miles or if I can be certain as to which airline I will fly. If they aren't on Delta, I don't really need miles.

Could put 'em up on eBay, as they seem easy enough to transfer. But I don't want to transfer a headache to some unsuspecting customer.

Could send the in-laws off on an adventure, they are retired and might have more luck going somewhere.

None of the destinations jump out at me, I am west coast so for mileage run purposes I would go far east. For a fun weekend it might just be a quick trip to S.F. or something to maximize playtime.

Anyhow, if anyone has any light to shed on recent availability I would love it. Hopefully it isn't just BBB and prayer to get a flight.

Cheers~
Old Jan 15, 2008, 10:00 am

I am waiting for my phone call. 2 weeks ago they called with a recorded message and said they would get back to me, they were filling requests based on the departure dates. If that is true, I should be receiving a call this week, since my 1st choice departure date is Feb. 15. There doesn't look like alot of availability for that day, so I don't think I will get it. I would assume they are booking from the lower class fees.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 4:50 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
I got a call from a real person who was able to book my tickets, but only after I sent a complaint to the BBB. They called me back the day before my last requested date of travel, heh. Not a bad deal overall, even with all the trouble. If they would have gotten back to me sooner I could have gone somewhere I really wanted to go, oh well.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 3:57 am

Well, I received an email last night that they were ready to book my tickets, and to call them. I will be doing that this morning, since the office was closed by the time I got the email. I hope we get our first choice destination, the dates aren't as important as the place, but at least it will be a trip somewhere warmer.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 10:59 am

Programs: DL PM/KM, AC *G, AS MVP-100K
Got a call within 2.5 weeks of mailing the form. SFO not available on any of my dates, but LAS was offered. Flights are on AA with a choice of departures (basically any flight that day) and a redeye return on a holiday weekend, which is the cheapest available on aa.com at ~$330 all-in. Fees came to taxes plus about $50. Given the parameters of the deal and relatively low expectations, seems okay to me.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 2:57 pm

After a few phone calls between the travel agent and myself, I got my first choice of city & dates, but, didn't get the departure city I wanted. I figured it was too good a deal to be able to fly from here, an out-state city, so we are driving to Msp, but with the flights we have, we don't need a hotel stay for either direction, so that is great. Even with driving, this offer saves us enough for the little hassle we had. First the travel agent emailed us that she was ready to book us, but when I called her, she only had 1 of the names we submitted. She was willing to do the booking, but had to wait for my name to be approved. Luckily the fares didn't change and she was able to get us ticketed.
Old Jan 19, 2008, 11:06 am

I'm selling one voucher starting tomorrow on Ebay. You (and I) can see what results I get in a week's time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.