Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Getting another seat on same flight after you've booked

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2007, 9:19 pm
Original Poster

Getting another seat on same flight after you've booked

I told our UPS delivery guy, Billy, I would ask a knowledgeable group about this.

He went on Travelocity about 7 months back and booked 4 tickets from Boston to Ft. Lauderdale in April to take his family for the kids vacation week. Between the time of booking and today, the flight has been "changed" twice (times were changed, etc). Last week his nephew asked if he could go - Billy said sure... so he went back on Travelocity and he does not see the flight listed that he will be on with his family. The nephew is 8 years old so if he can't get on the same flight they are on, he won't go (he wont fly alone and parents dont want him to).

Is there any tool where you can enter a flight number and see what seats are still available? I know I've seen people talk about something like that but dont recall the name/web address. Also, if a seat is found to be available, but the flight is not showing on Travelocity (or orbitz/expedia/whatever), whats the best way to get that seat? Call airline direct or if one were to call the travel website can they manually select that flight?

Thanks folks!
Old Jan 17, 2007, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Since you're after a specific flight, I'd go to that airline's website. If it doesn't show there, pick up the phone and call them.

Hard to believe a flight in April would be completely sold out, even to FLL. (Though it might be expensive)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.