Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Which Movie Will Make Her Want to Travel?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Movie Will Make Her Want to Travel?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2007, 6:29 pm

Programs: DL, Starwood, SWA, United. RIP NWA.
Recommendtions from another girl:

Is she an Audrey Hepburn fan?

Wait... what am I saying? Of course she is.

Try "Funny Face" for Paris and the aforementioned "Roman Holiday."

Non-Hepburn:

"Chocolat," (France) "The Secret of Roan Inish," (Ireland), "White Nights" (bad movie but great dancing, great urban Russian scenery[/U]).
Old Jan 7, 2007, 9:46 pm

One word: "Baraka"

http://www.spiritofbaraka.com/baraka.aspx
Old Jan 7, 2007, 11:52 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Originally Posted by Kate_Canuck
I think you need a new partner, a rational one.
Absolutely
Old Jan 8, 2007, 7:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

To Catch a Thief
Old Jan 9, 2007, 11:55 am

Programs: CO-Plat, DL-Gold
Motorcycle Diaries
http://imdb.com/title/tt0318462/

It's not the geographic area you're looking for, but has absolutely spectacular scenery.
Old Jan 9, 2007, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HH Diamond, Delta Base, AA Base
The DaVinci Code (and Angels & Demons, if it comes out in a movie). I like the way Dan Brown's story progresses from famous location to location.
Old Jan 9, 2007, 5:19 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by pbz
Thanks for all the great responses guys (and ladies). You all are the best.

A couple folks asked where specifically I am trying to entice travel to... well she is fine with traveling domestically, I've gotten Hawaii and the Caribbean (which is nearly the US, I guess) approved a couple times. The tower has not, however, cleared trips to Europe, or other locations in the Pacific. If I had to create a wish list it would be Croatia, Belgium, Ireland, Slovenia, Netherlands--in Europe-- and places like Fiji, Tahiti, outer Marshall Islands, etc. in the Pacific. I need the culture from Europe and the palm fringed deserted island in the Pacfic.

I have been working hard on making the experience easier, she has the Bucky pillow now and we have been doing limos to airport and they even installed air conditioning one of the places I'm trying to go to.... it is still a battle esp when you've had a couple experiences of lost luggage and the like overseas.... and I will admit I pick some out of the way places to go to, e.g., islands off Croatia, which can make the travel to get there more in time and connections... quite different from the nonstop ORD-HNL.

To the poster who said get the travel channel, I watch it all the time but it would be too overt of a strategy... I'm searching any movie that I can "stumble upon", that just happens to portray in a very positive way the notion of international travel and destinations.

Thanks again... you guys rock^ ^
I was in Croatia a couple months ago and it is definitely worth the trip... but then again, I'd get on the plane at the drop of a hat.

Start with somewhere that you can get to Non-stop from Chicago, and for the love of god, don't check any luggage!! At least not on the way there.

If she A) doesn't get the travel bug back after being in Europe, or B) won't travel without packing light enough to carry on then all I have to say is

Curb...kick...soon.

But as to the original topic...

I'd definitely second French Kiss. It's funny, there's great scenery, and the bonus of a subtle message about what might happen when a girl won't travel with her S/O
Old Jan 9, 2007, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Another one for Under the Tuscan sun
Old Jan 10, 2007, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA *G MM, AA G MM
Il Postino.^

What NOT to watch: "turistas go home". And that goes to anyone (ooooh, that movie s*#@&d!!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.