Wiki Posts
Search

Help me plan flights to NFL playoff games

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2006, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

Help me plan flights to NFL playoff games

Hello,

I have season tickets for the San Diego Chargers, and they are back in the playoffs to which I now have tickets. I live in San Diego, CA, but as it happens, I will be in Charlotte, NC from Jan 8 thru Jan 26 (gotta work - so have to be there during the week). As it stands now, The chargers MAY play home playoff games on Jan 13/14 and Jan 21.

Now here is where I need help.

What are the cheapest options for buying a ticket that I may not need to use?

Buy a CLT-SAN ticket for Jan 12-14 and another CLT-SAN ticket for Jan 20-21 now, and

1. By non-refundable, but throw them away if I don't use them.
2. Buy refundable, but it is expensive if I do use them.
3. FlyerTalk member gives me a better idea AND saves me money!!!

Thanks in advance for the ideas.

Stephen
Old Dec 12, 2006, 7:54 pm

Programs: Dirt Status w/ All
I would wait until the dates and site of the game(s) are known. You could buy two tickets to SAN now and they play on the road. Or have a bye the first week...

You would have options out of CLT, GSO, RDU, CAE and probably some others. Options into SAN, LAX, SNA, etc. Play with routings and airlines to find something cheap on a 7 or 14 day advance purchase. Right now there are fares for $250 on AA CLT-DFW-SAN for this weekend, so it does not look like it will be too expensive.
Old Dec 12, 2006, 9:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Ofcourse you may need to fly to Baltimore-since we beat the Chargers

Airtran has several daily low priced non-stops.
Old Dec 12, 2006, 9:36 pm
Suspended

The chargers are gonna have a first week bye and home advantage throughout. I'd make your plans around that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.