Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

London booking for 7/2007..now or wait??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2006, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Hey all. Need to be in london mid july 2007. am i better off buying tix now if a sweet deal shows or is it usually better waiting last minute which i cant really do anyway. if i look these days or when they start selling for then which place am i best looking? thanks
Old Jul 17, 2006, 1:55 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA EXP - 1MM, BAEC BRZ, BVY GLD, Hilton DIA, Hyatt GLB
I think its still too early.

Wait till December.

Does anybody know when good prices come out to LHR for November and December?

thanks

Drew
Old Jul 17, 2006, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
mileage run???
Old Jul 17, 2006, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As this has nothing to do with Mileage Run, I'm moving this to the TravelBuzz forum.

bhatnasx
Mileage Run Moderator
Old Jul 17, 2006, 10:24 pm

Programs: BA, DL, AA
There may be a sale to London in September (after the summer ends) for November/December.

I would keep an eye on summer tickets. They may not have a sale at all, but if a good price comes around.... Tickets for july will be available in a couple of weeks. It depends on the return date (about 11 months from return date). I have known to book a ticket on offer almost a year in advance, but that is not the norm. The best price typically is at least 45 days in advance (unless a sale comes up). As you are not doing an award ticket... I would wait.. Maybe after winter.
Old Jul 18, 2006, 1:52 am

Programs: AA Plat, various hotels
Normally you can only book 330 days in advance, so youve got a month to wait. When booking my annual trip to the US i normally keep looking on a regular basis til a reasonable fare shows up. One thing to factor into your calculations is fuel surcharges, i avoided $400 of fuel surcharges by paying for my forthcoming rtw trip 9 months out.The way its looking fuel surcharges could continue to rise. July is peak season so dont leave it too late.
Old Jul 18, 2006, 9:40 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.5MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond
Fares booked eleven months in advance can be quite expensive. Are you planning to book on an airline that gives credit for fare differences, like United? That way, if the fare drops later on, you can get flight credits for the difference between the old fare and the new fare, without incurring a change fee.

I'd check bi-weekly for the next three or four months. If you're a gambling sort, waiting until January through March would be a good strategy.

Last edited by Lori_Q; Jul 18, 2006 at 9:50 am
Old Jul 27, 2006, 10:46 am
Original Poster

i am just looking for the best deal. if that means now, september, or january. i am not particular towards airlines either, just comfortable and as hassle free from mia as possible.
Old Jul 27, 2006, 12:52 pm

Programs: DL reject, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Jelly of the Month, formerly NWA Plat (RIP)
Based on past years (but no guarantee next year will fit the pattern), you would probably find the best fare in January/February/March for next July.

But I would definitely wait until after the first of the year. There are rarely good deals this far in advance, unless you are interested in discounted business class.
Old Jul 28, 2006, 6:25 am
Original Poster

what are the best places for me to keep an eye on the fares?
Old Jul 28, 2006, 6:57 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by bj501
what are the best places for me to keep an eye on the fares?
If you're interested in flying on a particular airline, keep an eye on that airline's website and periodically price out a trip on the dates you plan to travel.

If you're just after a cheap ticket and don't care who you fly, try sites such as ITA Software to check multiple airlines' fares at one time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.