Community
Wiki Posts
Search

9h in SEA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2006, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

9h in SEA

Sorry if this is the wrong forum..tried posting elsewhere but was rebuffed.

Any suggestions for a nine hour layover in SEA (overnight)? I've actually never been to the area but have always wanted to visit. Any reasonable transportation options (24h?) available to visit the city? Thanks!
Old Jul 12, 2006, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by dmlee18
Sorry if this is the wrong forum..tried posting elsewhere but was rebuffed.

Any suggestions for a nine hour layover in SEA (overnight)? I've actually never been to the area but have always wanted to visit. Any reasonable transportation options (24h?) available to visit the city? Thanks!
What time are you getting in?

What day of the week? I usually rent a car when I'm in SEA so I don't know the public transportation situation.

There is lots of stuff to do and see but remember in the Fall, Winter, Spring - it rains.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 2:36 pm

Yup specific when you'll be here in Seattle - lots to do to fill in 9 hrs easily. I did this about 10 years ago even squeezed in a Boeing tour too. PM me and I can give suggestions of what's going on here.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by joeytay
Yup specific when you'll be here in Seattle - lots to do to fill in 9 hrs easily. I did this about 10 years ago even squeezed in a Boeing tour too. PM me and I can give suggestions of what's going on here.

Schedule is not pretty. Get in at 10:30PM on a Monday night (8/28) and leave at 7:30AM.
Old Jul 13, 2006, 1:42 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, HH Gold, dirt loads of places.
Schedule is not pretty. Get in at 10:30PM on a Monday night (8/28) and leave at 7:30AM.
In this situation I'd just check into an airport hotel (the Hampton Inn is cheap & has a free shuttle, the Hilton has p'd me off one too many times) and get some sleep. There's a decent restaurant in the area called 13 coins and the usual hotel bars.

If you're determined to go into town, take a limo from the airport (from baggage claim go up one level, across the bridge to the car park, then down a level). It'll run you around $35 and probably be cheaper than a cab. Seattle has some great clubs, but on a Monday night...
Old Jul 13, 2006, 1:47 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, HH Gold, dirt loads of places.
In this situation I'd just check into an airport hotel (the Hampton Inn is cheap & has a free shuttle, the Hilton has p'd me off one too many times) and get some sleep. There's a decent restaurant in the area called 13 coins and the usual hotel bars.

If you're determined to go into town, take a limo from the airport (from baggage claim go up one level, across the bridge to the car park, then down a level). It'll run you around $35 and probably be cheaper than a cab. Seattle has some great clubs, but on a Monday night...
Old Jul 13, 2006, 2:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I've stayed at the Marriott by SEA - it's a pretty standard airport hotel. It was clean, like you'd expect of a Marriott, and totally without character, like you'd expect of an airport hotel.

On the plus side, it had a bar that served late-night food, and I had a pretty good burger there. It was actually a somewhat happening place - I was surprised. Usually airport hotels are totally dead.

At that hour, I don't see the trip into downtown Seattle to be worth it. You'd get in after 11PM, maybe grab a beer somewhere, sleep for a couple of hours, and grab a cab back to SEA. Better off staying near SEA - you'll get a little more sleep and not have to mess with two cab/limo rides.

Of course, I'm out of touch with the hardcore all-night club scene...
Old Jul 13, 2006, 7:31 pm
Suspended

It depends on what you mean by overnight. It's not NYC, but you should be able to find things to do. Going to the space needle is fun about only about $12. It will give you a beautiful panoramic view of the city. There are also the usual pubs and bars and restaurants. Seattle does have its share of homeless people downtown. It's not dangerous, but I would stay to the major streets. I think that Pike Place market does an unloading of the fish early in the morning that might be fun as well.
Old Jul 16, 2006, 12:04 am
Original Poster

Thanks for all the recommendations. Given the odd hours I'm still not sure what to do. Not to much into the club scene. I guess I'll come up with something. Thanks!
Old Jul 16, 2006, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by thegeneral
It depends on what you mean by overnight. It's not NYC, but you should be able to find things to do. Going to the space needle is fun about only about $12. It will give you a beautiful panoramic view of the city. There are also the usual pubs and bars and restaurants. Seattle does have its share of homeless people downtown. It's not dangerous, but I would stay to the major streets. I think that Pike Place market does an unloading of the fish early in the morning that might be fun as well.
But if he did all that he'd be sleepless in Seattle....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.