Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Belt that works through metal detectors

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2006, 6:17 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
The plain one-color fabric moneybelt is the Eagle Creek product. The Buffalo Designs product has a variety of colours and patterns.

Originally Posted by FSUFan
Check out www.magellans.com for these two belts
MA502 Reversible leather with leather covered plastic buckle $34.85
SV841 Moneybelt of nylon web with plastic clamp buckle $14.85
Old May 4, 2006, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Deltaworst Peon Level, TSA "Layer 21 Club", NW WP RIP
Eagle Creek Fan

Originally Posted by abmj-jr
A normal belt buckle should not alarm when walking through the WTMD. Remember that most alarms are caused by the TOTAL metal on you.
I found that no mattter how empty my pockets and no matter how "demetalized" including non ferrous I was, while wearing my large belt buckle I set off the WTMD over 75% of the time. Must be my "magnetic personality". Most of us here try to avoid the "step over here" bit.

I tried taking off the belt, but trying to dash thru the WTMD to go gather things from the xray before they get stolen while your pants are falling down does not add to the pleasantness of the "TSA Experience".

I got the Eagle Creek plastic belt and have NEVER set off the WTMD while wearing it.

OTOH, sometimes in a hurry I forget to switch to my travel belt. If the WTMD is set at a low sensitivity that day, my metal belt buckle does not set it off. But I try not to try my luck too often.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.