Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Found a bra when I checked in...anyone else find underwear in their hotel room?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Found a bra when I checked in...anyone else find underwear in their hotel room?

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2006, 11:04 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Wink Go to the convenience stores at NRT for beer ...

Originally Posted by Flaflyer
$7.98 for "disposable clothes", heck that's less than the cost of one beer at NRT.
I always go to the little convenience stores at NRT. They sell a bunch of stuff, including soda and BEER About $3 IIRC. Actually the carbonated grapefruit (or orange) flavored (pehaps real) drink with vodka is quite good too ^

I figure, if they sell it there, must be OK to drink it at the airport

A couple of those are usually enough to knock me out for the second part of my journey from NRT to a late arrival somewhere in Asia.

EmailKid
Old May 21, 2006, 11:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by Cookie Jarvis
My absent-minded husband left a drawer full of clothes behind on one of our vacations. He managed to get the hotel to FED/EX them to us, and now I double-check to make sure he hasn't left anything behind!
I can relate to your husband. I recently left a closet full of clothes in Tucson. It cost a fortune to have them Fed-Exed home.

To the OP: I've never found underwear in my motel room but several years ago I left a bra hanging on the bathroom door... however it wasn't red and I wasn't in LA.
Old May 21, 2006, 11:27 pm

Programs: TG Gold, NW Gold and various other bits of plastic...
Originally Posted by Cookie Jarvis
My absent-minded husband left a drawer full of clothes behind on one of our vacations. He managed to get the hotel to FED/EX them to us, and now I double-check to make sure he hasn't left anything behind!
I did the same thing a couple of years ago. Fortunately it was a hotel I visited fairly regularly at the time so they kept them for my next trip a month later...
Old May 22, 2006, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by oklAAhoma
I can relate to your husband. I recently left a closet full of clothes in Tucson. It cost a fortune to have them Fed-Exed home.

To the OP: I've never found underwear in my motel room but several years ago I left a bra hanging on the bathroom door... however it wasn't red and I wasn't in LA.
Well, if I would have kept this one I could have sent it to you, and the Pay if Forward theory of underwear would have been demonstrated!
Old May 22, 2006, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by meducate
Well, if I would have kept this one I could have sent it to you, and the Pay if Forward theory of underwear would have been demonstrated!
Now there's an idea for a sequel to that movie.
Old May 22, 2006, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by oklAAhoma
Now there's an idea for a sequel to that movie.
Working on the screenplay now! I am sitting in the REd Carpet Club in LA right now, so what better place to write a bad movie sequel.

Wanna be in the movie?
Old May 22, 2006, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Deltaworst Peon Level, TSA "Layer 21 Club", NW WP RIP
RE: $9 beer at NRT, once is enough

Originally Posted by emailkid
I always go to the little convenience stores at NRT. They sell a bunch of stuff, including soda and BEER About $3 IIRC.
Which is why you always need to go on a trip once to scout it out before you go for real. On my first trip thru NRT, after my first 12 hour cattle car ride, one is not always able to know what is best, and a cold glass looked so good. Plus the time zones and you're walking around with your brain at 3 AM sharpness. Also I had a tight connection.

Travel is a learning experience, and some of us actually did a few trips before discovering FT, yet managed to get home in one piece with a reasonable number of FF miles. Don't know how, but we did.

On subsequent trips, with time to explore, on the right where the straight corridor hits the round NW terminal with all the 747s circled around is a great little store. Great selection of cold beer. Best of all, they take dollars, Euros, all kinds of currency, at very fair exchange rates no commission, and give change in yen. Buy a few beers and a little gift or two and give the right bill and get two or three 100 yen coins for the pay internet machines to check your email. No waiting in line at the currency exhange window and all the paperwork BS to get a few 100 yen coins. And the beers do not go to waste. Though it matters less next trip: Point me to the WC, this year I bought a membership. Learning the ropes of EZ travel. ^

You need to go someplace once before you go there if you want an easy trip.
Old May 22, 2006, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by meducate
Wanna be in the movie?
Hmmm... I could lend a certain real-life quality to the dramatization.

Tell you what... I'll have my people call your people to talk further.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 12:05 am
Suspended

Programs: AS DL
In 2016, I found a bra and folded woman's t-shirt in an airport hotel near JFK. I threw it in the hallway so people would think that a horny lady took off her clothes even before getting into a hotel room. Ha ha
Old Jan 13, 2018, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Never found any underwear. Yuck.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Never found one and I'd never go back there if I did.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 8:56 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

12 year old thread! If one wishes to start a new thread on this topic, fine. Closing this one
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.