Wiki Posts
Search

I chucked it all last week!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2006, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, Marriott PP, Avis Something or other
Originally Posted by SirDomino
I'm near Fort Walton Beach, Florida, not too far from you. And man, the job market around here is horrible.

Curious, what type of job did you end up giving up?
I was an area manager for a factory maintenance group. Because I was the only area manager remotely located from headquarters, I ended up with the "cats and dogs" sites that nobody else wanted. I had Sarasota FL, Thomasville GA, Searcy AR, Nuevo Laredo MX and was about to open Reynosa MX. Not exactly geographically aligned...made for a lot of BIS miles.

Yeah, the job market here sucks, too, unless you want to work in the hospitality industry. Right now I am the sole paid employee of my wife's dance studio. Pay isn't so good, but the fringe benefits....wow!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.