Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Why do teenage girls carry full-size pillows through the airport?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2006, 8:13 am
Suspended
Original Poster

ever seen one of those girls?

carrying a full-size pillow, complete with a dirty pillowcase, through the airport, as if they were walking from the bedroom to the living room of their house.

...?
Old Apr 1, 2006, 8:15 am

Programs: PC
Erm, no...were they dressed in old-fashioned clothes and with cleavers sticking out of their skulls?
Old Apr 1, 2006, 8:30 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Slumber party in the control tower.
Old Apr 1, 2006, 8:35 am

I've asked myself the same question over and over. Must be the cool thing to do
Old Apr 1, 2006, 8:56 am
In Memoriam

Programs: CO OnePass Plat and SPG - Plat, Marriott Plat (don't use -it's a comp), AmericaWest CP
I've seen a couple of teenage guys do it too...

-Vincent
Old Apr 1, 2006, 9:03 am

Ummm...

I'm 17 (male) and I do it all the time for any international flight and when I know I will be sleeping in an airport.

Its comfortable especially when sleeping against the window in a bulkhead.

Or did you just think it was for show?
Old Apr 1, 2006, 9:14 am

Programs: LH and BA
Naaaaaahhhh ...

It is becasue parents today don't provide a healthy caring environment for teeangers, os they copy Linus and have a saftey pillow with them ...

(the confort thing is ok, but a bit selfish, as they then crowd the overhead bins once not used ...
Old Apr 1, 2006, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Uh why do teenage girls do most of the things they do? Who knows-they're teenage girls!
Old Apr 1, 2006, 10:47 am

Because they're stupid? I don't know. It seems like everytime there is a group of them at least half are carrying pillows. Is a pillow something that comes in handy often enough to worry about dragging it around? The last thing I want is something that touches my face to have touched anything in the airport.
Old Apr 1, 2006, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, Delta Plat
My grown wife does the same thing, only she keeps the pillow in a bag until she gets on the flight. She also hates hotel pillows, so brings her own.
Old Apr 1, 2006, 10:51 am

Programs: DL NW
Selfish about overhead bins? I wouldn't call it that...someone carry gifts, an extra jacket, two carry ons, a bag that they just couldn't check...all qualify as selfish by your definition...in fact...the overhead bins might as well all stay empty =)
Old Apr 1, 2006, 11:01 am

Programs: UA Gold (Million Miler), FI Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
These sorts of teenage girls are probably on their way to Paris or London or Amsterdam... Their parents are rich enough buy them international holidays but not rich enough to buy them business class. These girls then go to the airport upset about having to fly economy so they bring their pillows as a statement of how uncomfortable they will be on the flight and a sign to their parents that they are not happy to be in the back of the plane.
Old Apr 1, 2006, 12:04 pm

Programs: AC*E
Originally Posted by chuckd
The last thing I want is something that touches my face to have touched anything in the airport.
particularly after it's gone through the x-ray conveyor belt that's been touched by a million shoes.
Old Apr 1, 2006, 1:41 pm

or maybe they know the airplane pillowcases are not changed in between flights.....
Old Apr 1, 2006, 2:09 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by bla_bla
ever seen one of those girls?

carrying a full-size pillow, complete with a dirty pillowcase, through the airport, as if they were walking from the bedroom to the living room of their house.

...?

I know exactly what you are talking about. Sometimes they also wear those pants like look like pajamas, is coach really so uncomfortable?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.