Wiki Posts
Search

St. Maarten not big here?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2006, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Hilton
St. Maarten not big here?

We just booked hotel and airfare to St. Maarten (SXM or TNCM), in Netherlands Antilles.

I was just a bit surprised b/c I did quite a bit of searching here and it seems like its not a huge destination amongst flyertalkers...or am I wrong?

We'll stay on the dutch side and eat dinner on the french side but I'd like to hear more.

I know we'll be relaxing on Maho beach! But will recent runway work there affect the beach? Is the Sunset Beach bar still a fun place to go?

Is SXM as expensive as Tahiti?

I'd love to hear what you all ahve to say about it. Havent seen much from my fellow FTers.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP 6+ MM, AC, DL (MM) & LT SC; All Airlines 10+MM, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Plat
Try the Caribbean Forum

If you do a search on "Maarten" in this forum you'll find a few additional posts
Old Mar 2, 2006, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Hilton
thanks I tried with variations of martin, maarten, and just didnt see a whole lot.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 5:35 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
SXM is quite expensive and has become highly developed (some would say over-developed). Not quite like Miami Beach, but too close for comfort. The good restaurants are very expensive (maybe even more than Tahiti), however there are some cheaper options. But it is definitely a higher cost destination than the neighbouring islands (SJU is probably half the price, by way of comparison).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.