Longest CRJ Flight You have been on

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Longest CRJ Flight You have been on

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2006, 1:16 pm

Programs: NW Gold now, WC, SPG Gold
Ok, so I just looked and today they have 2 MSP-AUS runs. Good news, one is on a DC9. BAD news: one is on a CRJ!! How many miles is that?? Good lord.
Old Feb 17, 2006, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, AA, US, SWA
Msp-aus = 1042
Old Feb 17, 2006, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by sbagdon
what happens if you refuse to board, given that your row-mate is so obviously overfilling the seat that it presents a hazard to your or the aisle? If anything, *you* were the hazard from sitting half in the aisle. Can you be forced to board? Or told if you don't board, you forfeit your ticket?
Yup. Basically, NW will not accomodate your prejudices. If you were to say that you refused to board because the person sitting next to you has green or orange skin, do you think NW would care? Not likely. You might get lucky and NW might allow you to standby on a later flight, but they don't have any obligation.

There is no concern with safety or you being a "hazard". If NW felt that your seatmate would have presented a "hazard to the aisle" (?), they would have asked your seatmate to buy a second flight or deny boarding for them.
Old Feb 17, 2006, 1:42 pm

Location: CTU/TFU(Chengdu, Sichuan, China) - MIG (Mianyang, Sichuan, China) - EWR/JFK/LGA/HPN (Great New York City Metro Area, NY, USA) - HVN/BDL (New Haven/Hartford, CT, USA)
Programs: UA 1MM/F9 Diamond; Marriott Lifetime Gold; IHG Platinum; Choice Privileges Platinum
Isn't it not too long ago that people were telling scary stories about DL's CVG-BIL nonstop CRJ flight? That one is over 1300 miles. Ough!

The longest NW CRJ flight I had is MKE-DCA (634 miles) while the shortest one (also my first CRJ experience forever) is TOL-DTW (49 miles).

Two years ago, due to a weather related delay, I "successfully" missed my connection IAH-SLC flight which was operated by an ERJ, which is about 1100 miles. F class in a new B738 to SLC is always nicer.
Old Feb 17, 2006, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1K, DL 1MM/Silver
My longest RJ flight in terms of miles has been EWR-MCI. These were actually very good to me as out of 4 trips booked, I only had to do it once - bumps due to overbooking and weight issues 3 times and a total of $1000 CO vouchers.

In terms of frustration, the longest flights are the insanely short LAN/FNT-DTW when you arrive in the B concourse and sit on the tarmac for about 2 lunar cycles while the Mesaba ground crew stumbles through its incompetence to figure out how to allow passengers to deplane.
Old Feb 17, 2006, 2:33 pm

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP
Yup. Basically, NW will not accomodate your prejudices. If you were to say that you refused to board because the person sitting next to you has green or orange skin, do you think NW would care? Not likely. You might get lucky and NW might allow you to standby on a later flight, but they don't have any obligation.

There is no concern with safety or you being a "hazard". If NW felt that your seatmate would have presented a "hazard to the aisle" (?), they would have asked your seatmate to buy a second flight or deny boarding for them.
Ummm.... skin color is prejudice, size isn't. If I can't safely position myself in my seat, and correctly fasten my seat belt, because I'm halfway into the aisle, that sure sounds like a safety issue. I've boarded some flights into DTW on CRJs with pax close to 400+ lbs, and took up 1-2/3rd seats, and was thankful I wasn't put into that position (refusing to board).

Steve B.
Old Feb 17, 2006, 3:15 pm

Programs: NW Gold now, WC, SPG Gold
For SHORT hops, I'm almost of the mind that a SAAB might be actually be preferable to a CRJ. Row 1 really isn't that bad (i've heard row 6 is good too). I wouldn't want a 2-hour saab flight but for hour trips, it's ok. The CRJ is just intolerable for any amount of time.
Old Feb 17, 2006, 6:44 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by sbagdon
As per the BOS-MEM, was that flight the first/last direct flight of the day? I see that a lot... figure the airlines think low pax count on the 7am flight, so they hand it off to the LCCs.

Steve B.
It was the last nonstop BOS-MEM flight of that day, a Sunday. But looking at their downloadable timetable, ALL BOS-MEM flights are on 9E's CRJs. I checked both this week and a random week in July, so it doesn't appear to be seasonal.

Of course now that B6 does BOS-AUS nonstop, I'd take that any day over NW's CRJ-heavy routes.
Old Feb 17, 2006, 9:28 pm

Programs: NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
ALL BOS-MEM flights are on 9E's CRJs. I checked both this week and a random week in July, so it doesn't appear to be seasonal.
Yes, all BOS-MEM flights are operated by 9E CRJs now. Have been for a year or more. Used to be 3x daily mainline A319/A320s.
Old Feb 17, 2006, 9:50 pm

Programs: NW Silver Elite
My first, and hopefully last NW CRJ was MSP-JFK this past summer. Menchanical delay of 3 hours and then put on another CRJ that had an inop pack for the AC on a nice 95 degree humid summer day in MSP. We about were steamed and roasted until we got up to cruise altitude. The best part was the Pinnacle FA twice on the PA announced that we should be glad that we are not in the cockpit as it was even hotter up there. Since the 50 of us in the cabin were about to go in to heat stroke it did not make for a very reassuring announcement!
Old Feb 17, 2006, 9:59 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
Nw 2977 Elp - Msp

NW 2977 ELP - MSP 1,149 miles (about 3 hours 20 minutes) in a 44 seat CRJ.

This flight includes one complimentary 4 ounce soft drink.

RC
Old Feb 18, 2006, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by Radiocycle
NW 2977 ELP - MSP 1,149 miles (about 3 hours 20 minutes) in a 44 seat CRJ.

This flight includes one complimentary 4 ounce soft drink.

RC
We did it tonight as NW 2976. They actually gave my wife a whole can of Pepsi. I decided to use the trip as practice for NW's new Asian liquor policies & purchased 4 cognacs @ $5 each. Considering that it normally retails for ~$40 for a fifth, there's really not that much of a mark up when you think about it.

As jungle jet trips go, this was relatively comfortable. We had bulkhead seats and very little turbulence. These trips are generally much less pleasant.
Old Feb 18, 2006, 11:10 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ATP Pilot
Yes, all BOS-MEM flights are operated by 9E CRJs now. Have been for a year or more. Used to be 3x daily mainline A319/A320s.
I have been going to BOS the last couple of weeks. THE morning flight BOS to MEM seems to be full, I would think it could handle an ARJ. The 6 am BOS to DTW is pretty light, they just cut it back from a 757 to A320. I would prefer to connect in MEM, but would rather be up front on the DTW flight.
Old Feb 18, 2006, 11:31 am

Programs: CO Pt Infinite (1k life)/ 1MM - NW/DL Silver life/1 MM
Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
I'm proud to be a NW plat who has never flown a NW-designated CRJ.
I had a run last year of I think it was 36 consecutive Frenchy/JungleJets in a row. Perhaps 30, but even if 30 it was about 30 too many.
Old Feb 18, 2006, 7:26 pm

Programs: DL Million Miler
>>>>I had a run last year of I think it was 36 consecutive Frenchy/JungleJets in a row. Perhaps 30, but even if 30 it was about 30 too many.

Did you get 30 1,000 mile bonuses for the absence of upgrades?!?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.