FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TravelBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz-176/)
-   -   Longest CRJ Flight You have been on (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz/527183-longest-crj-flight-you-have-been.html)

RobtheAggie Feb 16, 2006 11:18 am

Longest CRJ Flight You have been on

There has been a lot of vocal discussion about the CRJ recently. I was just wondering what the longest flight any of you have been on.

Me:
COS-CVG = 1078 miles

sbagdon Feb 16, 2006 11:25 am

Originally Posted by RobtheAggie
There has been a lot of vocal discussion about the CRJ recently. I was just wondering what the longest flight any of you have been on.

Me:
COS-CVG = 1078 miles

I was going to say DTW-AUS, but the direct route was cancelled over the last few days (huh?!?!). Flight was over 3 hours, and believe it was a CRJ. Never took it, almost did last week, but can't get the milage now.

Steve B.

lateacher Feb 16, 2006 11:36 am

MSP-IAD (908 miles)...
But it felt like it went on forever. It was part of a LAX-DTW-MSP-IAD routing, so that might have been part of the problem. The segment was changed to a RJ after booking, and I thought we'd need to EQM to requalify for gold. That was before the double EQM promo last year.

cpx Feb 16, 2006 11:42 am

CLE-AUS dont know the exact miles though

kcnwa Feb 16, 2006 11:57 am

DTW to RST... <500 miles. Was still too long.

RobtheAggie Feb 16, 2006 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by cpx
CLE-AUS dont know the exact miles though

1,171 miles. 100 more than my COS-CVG.

GTITAN Feb 16, 2006 1:07 pm

Doing CLT-MSP tomorrow at about 930 and 2 and half hours. Ughhhh

worldexpress Feb 16, 2006 1:17 pm

MSP-ORF.. 1,045 miles.. an aweful experience. changed itinerary on return.. ORF-DTW-MSP.. dc-9 and dc-10 (yes dc-10) respectively.. and elite upgrades to boot. return was much.. much better

MKEbound Feb 16, 2006 1:54 pm

GDL-IAH-MKE on CO 820 then 984 miles :td:

hsmythe Feb 16, 2006 1:57 pm

Three or four years ago, I purchased a NW ticket SEA-MSP-JAX and return. A few weeks before my trip, I received notification of a schedule change; imagine my horror when I discovered the mainline jet on the return JAX-MSP segment was now a CRJ.

(The current NW schedule shows this as 1174 miles, 3 hr 21 min. block to block on the A319 – so probably a wee bit more for the CRJ).

I called the PE line to revise the itinerary. I explained flat out that 3 hours plus was unacceptable on a CRJ; the agent responded the only reroute he could offer that same morning was a mainline jet to DTW with a 3.5 hr wait at DTW – the agent was flabbergasted that I accepted this – I informed him that waits like this were why I buy 3-year WC memberships. It all turned out well. :)

socrates Feb 16, 2006 2:36 pm

It's been a few years (like 5) but the longest I was on was the Avro - DTW-CLE 75 miles :D

kathnunley Feb 16, 2006 3:05 pm

I did SLC - DFW once on a DL RJ - don't know the mileage, but it was too long, that's for sure.
I'm upset that NW recently put an RJ on "my" noon flight MHT - DTW that I take nearly every week. :(
My first trip on it is tomorrow. Hopefully later this spring it will go back to the A319.

grizzly Feb 16, 2006 3:09 pm

I've done the 1140mi MEM-BOS flight a couple times. Brutal.

doobierw Feb 16, 2006 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by grizzly
.......Brutal.........

Originally Posted by kathnunley
I'm upset that NW recently put an RJ on "my" noon flight...

Originally Posted by lateacher
...it felt like it went on forever......

Originally Posted by worldexpress
...... an aweful experience....

Originally Posted by hsmythe
.......imagine my horror.......

"The CRJ features a spacious cabin with comfortable two-by-two leather seating and other cabin amenities similar to much larger jets, such as overhead bins, a galley, lavatory, and an efficient climate control system to ensure passenger comfort."

That was the blurb NWA used to put in the press release announcing new CRJ service.....

Apparently, most of you didn't get the memo! :p

clarence5ybr Feb 16, 2006 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by doobierw
"The CRJ features a spacious cabin with comfortable two-by-two leather seating and other cabin amenities similar to much larger jets, such as overhead bins, a galley, lavatory, and an efficient climate control system to ensure passenger comfort."

That was the blurb NWA used to put in the press release announcing new CRJ service.....

Apparently, most of you didn't get the memo! :p

For truth in advertising, I'd amend the press release as follows:
"The CRJ features a cramped cabin with two-by-two leather seating that offers little leg room, and other cabin amenities similar to, but much worse than, those found in much larger jets, such as tiny overhead bins that will not accommodate rollaboards or large (but "legal") carry-ons, a beverage storage area, a lavatory in which most normal people can't stand up straight, and an efficient climate control system to ensure that even though you can't sit upright in window seats due to the fuselage curvature and you can't see out the windows without breaking your neck, you will at least have some air blowing towards you."