What's the Dilly Yo on Pan Am?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the Dilly Yo on Pan Am?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2005, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: The usual for over 7 Million paid miles flown to date... My first paid flight was on a DC3.
Question What's the Dilly Yo on Pan Am?

I was at Fort Lauderdale Int'l Airport yesterday (17 Oct) and saw an old 727 painted in classic Pan Am livery taking off at 2:30 PM... Does anyone know what's going on with that famous name these days? Obviously, they have at least one old aircraft carrying that famous name and logo...
Old Oct 18, 2005, 9:07 am

http://www.flypanam.com/
Old Oct 18, 2005, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: The usual for over 7 Million paid miles flown to date... My first paid flight was on a DC3.
Originally Posted by alanR
I realize that they fly out of Orlando to a couple off-shore destinations... I was curious as to why they may have been in Ft. Lauderdale? Maybe a charter?
Old Oct 18, 2005, 11:03 am

Programs: United 1K
Delta should have kept and changed their name to Pan Am when they bought them - with it's increased international name recognition it would have helped Delta a great deal.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 10:06 am

Programs: *G, ow Saph
What has happened to the Pan Am name is sad. They could have been in FLL because they changed where they fly, again (for about the seventh time in the years they've been operating, including several total shutdowns).
I think the only airport they've continuously served under their current operating certificate is Portsmouth, NH, because every time I look, they're trying something different.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
The name certainly lives on in a very sad manner.
Old Oct 21, 2005, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA, B6, CO, DL, FL, UA, US Gold (only took 10k miles), WN, Amtrak
Originally Posted by prspad
I was at Fort Lauderdale Int'l Airport yesterday (17 Oct) and saw an old 727 painted in classic Pan Am livery taking off at 2:30 PM... Does anyone know what's going on with that famous name these days? Obviously, they have at least one old aircraft carrying that famous name and logo...
They operate or operated a regularly scheduled charter service FLL-POS. It also might have been a legit 1 time charter op.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.