Expedia.com Problems: My Itineraries Disappearing

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2005, 10:16 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Expedia.com Problems: My Itineraries Disappearing

Apparently some of the saved itineraries under "My Itineraries" on Expedia.com are disappearing or being deleted without the customers prompting for such.

Worse yet, some of those itineraries are for tickets that have been partially used or were unused but still valuable/changeable. So now the resolution to this mess may involve reconciling credit card bills with what is reflected on Expedia.com. Not fun.

I recommend that those of you who use Expedia.com always print out your itineraries and not rely upon Expedia.com's "My Itineraries" as being 100% reliable.
Old Oct 18, 2005, 1:12 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Expedia rep said they've had some such issue with itineraries that were previously showing as booked for travel in April 2005 on their system.
Old Oct 18, 2005, 4:10 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

I've had these problems with their package deals; they just don't show up when I log into my account. The Expedia rep didn't rally understand why I was concerned about it, and said I could always call to have my missing itineraries emailed to me. Now, that's helpful...
Old Oct 18, 2005, 7:38 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jpdx
I've had these problems with their package deals; they just don't show up when I log into my account. The Expedia rep didn't rally understand why I was concerned about it, and said I could always call to have my missing itineraries emailed to me. Now, that's helpful...
Did the trips show up in your account under the "My Itineraries" section of Expedia.com and then later disappear? Or were the trips never showing up under "My Itineraries" (i.e., from the time of booking through trip completion)?

I ask because apparently some April 2005 itineraries showed up under "My Itineraries" as expected -- from the time of booking until very recently -- and then unexpectedly disappeared from the "My Itineraries" section.
Old Oct 18, 2005, 9:30 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

They were there and then disappeared without a warning.

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Did the trips show up in your account under the "My Itineraries" section of Expedia.com and then later disappear? Or were the trips never showing up under "My Itineraries" (i.e., from the time of booking through trip completion)?

I ask because apparently some April 2005 itineraries showed up under "My Itineraries" as expected -- from the time of booking until very recently -- and then unexpectedly disappeared from the "My Itineraries" section.
Old Oct 18, 2005, 9:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

This happens on Travelocity, too, and as it so happens, I am having a billing dispute with them. I can't print out my itinerary because, guess what, it was deleted.
Old Oct 18, 2005, 9:56 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Interesting that this is an issue with Expedia and with Travelocity.

It's not the cheapest solution but creating Adobe Acrobat PDFs and storing them is something that I've benefited from.

I just wished that our travel stuff on Expedia and Travelocity was stored with some more integrity so that storing printouts and PDFs was not as necessary as it apparently is.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 12:05 pm

Missing Itinernary!

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Apparently some of the saved itineraries under "My Itineraries" on Expedia.com are disappearing or being deleted without the customers prompting for such.

Worse yet, some of those itineraries are for tickets that have been partially used or were unused but still valuable/changeable. So now the resolution to this mess may involve reconciling credit card bills with what is reflected on Expedia.com. Not fun.

I recommend that those of you who use Expedia.com always print out your itineraries and not rely upon Expedia.com's "My Itineraries" as being 100% reliable.
Hi, I have been trying to find my Itinerary on Expedia and it will not come up either. I Emailed Expedia and they told me to do what I have been doing!!! No luck! They did send me a copy of my Itinerary of which I did make a copy on the initial booking of my flights. I then called them and explained my problem. They proceeded to tell my my flight times had changed and number of stops had changed. I had no notification at all from them via Email. At the moment they are rescheduling my flights at no extra cost. I cannot even find any History of other bookings I have made over the past few years.

I am annoyed and hoped their service would be better than that!
Old Apr 17, 2014, 1:01 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
As this is an extremely old thread, I'll close it but will provide some private suggestions to the new member who bumped it up so that her concerns can be aptly presented on FlyerTalk. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.