Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ITA Fares: Unable to book anywhere

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2005, 10:39 am
saketporwal

Question ITA Fares: Unable to book anywhere

I found some good fares (Air India US-India) on ITAsoftware that I would like to book ^ . All travel agents and even airline I called claim they can't do it . I beleive ITA displays only available fares. If that is the case, how can I book these fares? Any travel agent that you use has been able to book these fares in the past
TIA

Old Sep 20, 2005, 10:44 am

Programs: UA; Amtrak
ITA is not always up to date on available inventory-- the fares might exist but all the seats might have already been sold.

The only time I tried to book an ITA-generated itin, I called the airline directly and gave them the routing and fare codes. The agent told me the fare was sold out on one of the legs (I had generated this itin less than 20 minutes earlier), so I paid a little extra, but the others went through just fine.
Old Sep 21, 2005, 3:55 am
saketporwal

But assuming the seats are available, could someone give me an agent name? The trip involves more than one airline (AA+AirCanada) and my agent and AA say they cant do it. I am sure it must be possible.
TIA

Old Sep 21, 2005, 4:47 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Orbitz is powered by ITA so should give the same results. If that doesn't work, what route, dates and class are you looking at?
Old Sep 21, 2005, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
I usually use expedia, but you must use the MULTIPLE CITIES option and segment the legs... ie.. AA as one leg, AC as one leg, and then CHOOSE INDIVIDUAL FLIGHTS when a nonsense expensive itinerary comes up

Always has worked for me. Usually comes up with a slightly lower price than ITA too.
Old Sep 21, 2005, 2:22 pm
saketporwal

Originally Posted by rankourabu
I usually use expedia, but you must use the MULTIPLE CITIES option and segment the legs... ie.. AA as one leg, AC as one leg, and then CHOOSE INDIVIDUAL FLIGHTS when a nonsense expensive itinerary comes up

Always has worked for me. Usually comes up with a slightly lower price than ITA too.
Thanks for the advice. This method works for both Expedia and Orbitz. Booked thru Orbitz for a price much lower than what ITA suggested. Thanks again. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.