FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TravelBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz-176/)
-   -   Stupid questions you've heard from rookie flyers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz/435452-stupid-questions-youve-heard-rookie-flyers.html)

nako May 25, 2005 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by beachbum
I was on a Southwest flight recently when a passenger came upon seat 24C and announced to the gentleman already seated there that 24C was his assigned seat. As it turns out, the agent who checked him in wrote down the gate (C 24) on the BP and the passenger assumed that was the seat he had been assigned.

I've had this happen to me twice in the last few years, and I've also overheard several other passengers list off the gate number as their seat while they're walking down the aisle.

The best one I had this year, though, was a woman come up to me and insist that I was sitting in her seat (1D). I showed her my BP, but she still insisted that it was her seat. We finally called the FA over, and it turns out that the woman was in 21D.

Either the woman missed the 2, or really wanted my F seat. I'm not sure which. :D

Mike

Fraser May 25, 2005 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by nako
The best one I had this year, though, was a woman come up to me and insist that I was sitting in her seat (1D). I showed her my BP, but she still insisted that it was her seat. We finally called the FA over, and it turns out that the woman was in 21D.

Either the woman missed the 2, or really wanted my F seat. I'm not sure which. :D

The good old thumb over the row number trick. Classic ;)

NordsFan May 25, 2005 11:20 pm

Back in 1991, I was flying YMX-FLL on now-defunct charter operator Nationair ("If you don't care, fly Nationair !").

Not being the savvy FF that I am today ;) I got a middle seat in a tightly packed 757.

As we started to roll for takeoff, the woman in the window seat grabbed my right arm and hand while screeching: "I'm afraid of flying ! Hold my hand !" She held on for several minutes until we reached altitude, finally letting go thereby restoring circulation to my extremities.

A while later, after the meal was served, the man on my left in the aisle seat asked me: "Sir, could you cut my meat for me ?" I gave him a pretty strange look, but took knife and fork in hand, twisted around in the small space we had to start cutting his beef, when I noticed he had no left arm...... :eek:

TTT May 30, 2005 7:15 pm

After passing a Song aircraft on taxi in Atlanta:

The woman behind me said
"Now there is a pretty airplane."

:):):)

civicmon May 30, 2005 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by MrMan
I've been at Love Field seeing people ask where the American flights are. In addition I have been at DFW where people were looking for the "Southwest terminal"

some of that i attribute to just overall stupidity. People need to read their confirmation information and stop assuming that they have a freakin idea of what they're doing.