Wiki Posts
Search

Driving through/around Indianapolis

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2005, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Driving through/around Indianapolis

I'm driving east from Chicago to Dayton, and the best route is through Indianapolis. I've done this route before, but it's been a while, and I know they did the "superfix" or whatever it was, so things may have changed. AAA Maps and Mapquest have me taking I-65 to I-70 going directly through the city, while Google maps wants me to take the I-465 loop south of the city. It seems to me like the most logical route would be to take I-465 north of the city. But, I don't know the area. Any tips from those who travel this way often or native Indianapolians?

Last edited by JAaronT; Apr 24, 2005 at 2:52 am
Old Apr 24, 2005, 2:39 am
us2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL
I've done the Columbus-Chicago drive a number of times. Either way works and it is almost the exact same distance either way. Try to avoid rush hour if you can, because either route will have a fair amount of traffic on it.
Old Apr 24, 2005, 2:47 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Don't take 465 south. WAY longer.

Otherwise the previous poster is right; either way -- I-465 east to I-70 east or I-65 to I-70 east downtown -- will likely be about the same..

Last edited by cblaisd; Apr 24, 2005 at 2:49 am Reason: Clarification
Old Apr 24, 2005, 3:20 am
us2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Don't take 465 south. WAY longer.

Otherwise the previous poster is right; either way -- I-465 east to I-70 east or I-65 to I-70 east downtown -- will likely be about the same..
Glad you caught that. I misread the original post. Taking 465 south of the city is WAY longer. 465 north of the city is fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.