Consolidated Thread: Priority Pass for Airport Lounges [through 2012]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2009, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by thomas199023
Do they really check age?
In my experience, as long as you dress and act as an adult, you will be fine. However there are some places in the US where there has been trouble in the past and they automatically check ID's of everyone. But that is quite rare at an airport club.
Old Mar 4, 2009, 4:07 pm

Don't you have to show an ID anytime you use your Priority Pass card to enter a lounge? I have to show my ID 100% of the time in order to enter CO lounges.
Old Mar 4, 2009, 4:52 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Don't you have to show an ID anytime you use your Priority Pass card to enter a lounge? I have to show my ID 100% of the time in order to enter CO lounges.
Rarely was I asked for an ID. Boarding pass, sometimes, never ID.
Old Mar 4, 2009, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Rarely was I asked for an ID. Boarding pass, sometimes, never ID.
Interesting. Just looked over T&C and ID is not required:

"12. Admittance to lounges is strictly subject to cardholders and any guests being in possession of a valid flight ticket for the same day of travel. Airline, airport and other travel industry employees traveling on reduced-rate tickets may not be eligible for access. Outside the US, flight tickets must be accompanied by a valid boarding pass for a departing flight, i.e. outbound passengers only. Please note some lounges in Europe are located within designated Schengen areas of the airport which means that access is only provided to these lounges if members are traveling between Schengen countries. (Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden.)" from T&C @ www.prioritypass.com
Old Mar 4, 2009, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I've been to PP lounges on 6 continents and never been asked for an ID.
Old Mar 4, 2009, 11:53 pm

Programs: SAS
I just recently got a Priority Pass, and have only used it twice so far. At the Admirals lounge in FRA they were very particular about checking ID - had to dig out my passport. But never mind the boarding pass.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 8:20 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by stimpy
In my experience, as long as you dress and act as an adult, you will be fine. However there are some places in the US where there has been trouble in the past and they automatically check ID's of everyone. But that is quite rare at an airport club.
Ah well I do dress quite formal mostly while travelling. I think I'll just try it and well if I can't get in that isn't a mayor problem.

Thanks for the answers anyway^
Old Mar 5, 2009, 9:06 am

Programs: SAS
Now I'm only 19 years old, but have my own business and travel quite often.
I saw that quite a lot of the US lounges require that the card holder is 21, why is that?

At least in Europe I don´t think they are particularly concerned about your age. The ID check is merely to insure that you are the legit cardholder. And beeing "only" 19, should not present any problems anyhow.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 12:44 pm

Programs: DL MM/FC/FO; UA PS; AA GLD
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Everytime I've used the Priority Pass card--US or Europe--I have been asked for a photo ID.

Anyone traveling through CDG should check lounge availability to see if their needs will be met. It's the one airport I've been through that has little to nothing to offer the holder of a PP.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond

I saw that quite a lot of the US lounges require that the card holder is 21, why is that?

Haven't seen any of the European lounges quoting this on there page.
If you are older than 21 you are allowed to take children (payed) inn. So I don't think its to keep it quiet.

US liquor laws are very strict. If any establishment with a liquor license serves alcohol to someone under 21, they can lose their license. (That would really annoy the customers who are over 21 since no one would get alcohol!) I've never seen self-service liquor in a US club, but their reasoning may be that if you're with your parents, the parents will make sure they don't get alcohol and the bartenders won't have to ask anyone for proof of age if they appear young. (There's little to prevent Mom from getting a beer and handing it to 18-year old son, but maybe the operators of the club feel that's not their problem.)

I get asked for photo ID and my Boarding Pass every time, but it's not to check my age since I'm 56.
Old Mar 6, 2009, 10:49 am

Programs: OP, SPG, Amex MR
Originally Posted by abfab
You do need to be flying actually, even if the lounge is landside.

One of the conditions for lounge access on PP is that admittance to lounges is strictly subject to cardholders and any guests being in possession of a valid flight ticket for the same day of travel.
What is stopping folks from buying a 1-way fully refundable fare, checking in online, going to airport without any bags (and if security is not tardy, like at small airports), stroll into lounges on PP, have a nice evening of free drinks and heading out again and cancelling the refundable fare? I am sure thats "within the T&C".
Old Mar 6, 2009, 7:55 pm

Talking

I fly quite a lot in Europe, and about once a year all over the US. I can get a priority pass from my dad who is going to sign up for a AMEX PLAT.

Haven't seen any of the European lounges quoting this on there page.
If you are older than 21 you are allowed to take children (payed) inn. So I don't think its to keep it quiet.

I've used the PP many times over the years and have never once been asked for proof of age. On the other hand I'm 64.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 4:14 pm

Programs: DL MM/FC/FO; UA PS; AA GLD
I have always assumed that the ID check was a way of checking that I was indeed the holder of the card.
Old Mar 21, 2009, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Many NW Worldclubs have self service beer and spirits.
Old Mar 21, 2009, 12:32 pm

Programs: Former AA PLT/GLD, A3 *G, Priority Pass
Hi.
I've been using it since 4 years ago.It comes bundled with my credit card each year.I generally don't stick to one airline or the another so it comes handy. Lounges theirselves are generic & basic ones. Though, i have to admit not all. The program can have very good lounges.

Last year at MMMX i had the chance to enter every airline lounge just by presenting my PP.UA,AA,MX & AM.So yep, you can have some surprises.It's not just generic ones, but can enter airline's sometimes.

MAD lounges at T4 are superb.I don't remember the name... but i got personalized attention. The lady taking care of the lounge even went to the kitchen and cooked me some delicious food.

Plus, it's nice to bring one guest for free.
Of course not Thai,Qantas,Singapore.. but its much better than waiting at the gate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.