Search

NYC for New Year's

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2004, 8:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL UA
NYC for New Year's

I posted this on the New York board but have had no responses so---

Any suggestions for New Year's Eve in NYC? We are not into watching the ball drop. We will be staying at the New York Hilton and were thinking of a nice dinner and maybe watching the fireworks etc. I realize that we are leaving the planning to the end but am hoping for a few ideas.
thanks!
Old Dec 6, 2004, 9:19 pm
RBS

Programs: TG Silver, NWA Plat., HH Gold, Marriott Silv., Hyatt Gold, Sofitel Pref.
Smile The Four Seasons for a Splurge!

I had Thanksgiving dinner there and it was very, very nice.
I recommend it without reservation...you need to call right away and you will be asked to give your credit card as a guarantee. You can expect a Prix Fixe Dinner at $100 or more/person but it is well worth it. The atmosphere is the greatest in NYC and the service will make you feel as if you have eaten there all your life.

I would also highly recommend dbModerne...it is the Bistro Version of the main guy in NYC at the moment chef...Daniel Boulard. http://www.danielnyc.com/ It is small, the food is excellent (market menu) and the service is impeccable. It is a lovely intimate experience.
http://www.newyorkmetro.com/pages/details/2464.htm

You can book online at: http://www.opentable.com/newyorkrestaurants/

Happy New Year!

RBS
Old Dec 7, 2004, 9:58 am

Programs: COPP/UAGS SPG Platinum, USAir Gold Hyatt Diamond, Amex Centurion
Run it!

Originally Posted by njvj
I posted this on the New York board but have had no responses so---

Any suggestions for New Year's Eve in NYC? We are not into watching the ball drop. We will be staying at the New York Hilton and were thinking of a nice dinner and maybe watching the fireworks etc. I realize that we are leaving the planning to the end but am hoping for a few ideas.
thanks!
The New York Road Runner's Club has, every New Year's Eve, a Midnight Run - It happens at midnight, (duh) and goes for four miles in Central park. Has fireworks, parties, etc. It's a LOT of fun. - www.nyrrc.org

Even if you don't run, you should show up and enjoy it. Look for me - I'll be running in a Tux.

-Peter

Last edited by geekfactory; Dec 7, 2004 at 10:05 am
Old Dec 7, 2004, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL UA
cool ideas guys- maybe I can fit both in. I would love to see some tuxedo clad runners!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.