Barcelona dining recommendations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2004, 2:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM & 2MM; Marriott Ambassador;Lifetime Titanium; IHG Spire Elite; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist

I am going to be in Barcelona for a few days, and would like a couple of ideas for places to dine. I will be staying at the Avenida Palace, if that location helps determine anything regarding restaurants. I love eating well, so give me some of your favorites...irrespective of price.

If you happen to have any shopping recommendations, please pass those along too!

Gracias,
flyerdoc
Old Oct 21, 2004, 4:00 am

Programs: QF, IB
flyerdoc,

You'll find a few dining suggestions for Barcelona by doing a forum search in: Travel&Dining: Destination >> The World >> Europe (Eastern/Western), and in DiningBuzz.

I would have posted the links to the threads but I don't know how to
Old Oct 21, 2004, 4:04 am

Programs: IB, KL and LH
Right now don't remember where the Avenida Palace is but Barcelona is easy to navigate.

Obviously recommendations depend somewhat on what you are willing to pay.
Michelin star classics like Neichel and La Dama come to mind.

A new place I like a lot is gora - la Cuina d'Isabel i Xavier. Modern cuisine with a personal touch. The gratined Sea Urchins were particularly good but I am sure you will also find a few things that are less adventurous. Aprox. 30-40 per head depending on the wine.

It is on Calle Seplveda. I'll try and locate the card for the exact address and phone number.

Many other great places around but this is my current favourite.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 4:24 am

Programs: IB, KL and LH
Originally Posted by Pepijn
Right now don't remember where the Avenida Palace is but Barcelona is easy to navigate.

Obviously recommendations depend somewhat on what you are willing to pay.
Michelin star classics like Neichel and La Dama come to mind.

A new place I like a lot is gora - la Cuina d'Isabel i Xavier. Modern cuisine with a personal touch. The gratined Sea Urchins were particularly good but I am sure you will also find a few things that are less adventurous. Aprox. 30-40 per head depending on the wine.

It is on Calle Seplveda. I'll try and locate the card for the exact address and phone number.

Many other great places around but this is my current favourite.

Found the address:

gora - La cuina d'Isabel i Xavier
Calle Seplveda 76 - 78
(This is close to Plaza Espaa)

Tel. 93 424 97 09
Old Oct 21, 2004, 11:36 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
send an email to alanw or check out the Barcelona Do link in the community forum... http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=329064

Bestiari is definitely worth a visit!
Old Oct 21, 2004, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Cal-Pep has very good tapas.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'll second the recommendation for Cal Pep. Not exactly "dining" -- more like the Spanish equivalent of a lunch counter, but food that is absolutely out of this world. I'd go to Barcelona just to eat at Cal Pep again.

Get there before opening, or you'll have a long wait to get in.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 1:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold A3 Gold DL Gold VY apologist
Cal Pep...heh. Spanish tourists come back from the States raving about the barbeque at Tony Roma's too.

Here are some recommendations I made a few months ago, all still valid:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...4&postcount=10

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.