Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Im a newbie, and im unsure, what to exactly ask.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2004, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

I am trying to find a last minute fair from MCI to RDU, current flights cost 230$ from Oct 28th to Nov 1st. This is not an emergency, but a trip that is not really something i can wait on im posting not sure what im asking for. becuase i am not the biggest flier ever. I am a member of AAadvatage. But this current flight plan cannot be done via AA. excessive cost (325$) plus it goes backwards to dallas prior to Raliegh. Delta, continental and trans airways seems to be the best fare. Does anyone have any tips, tricks, or possible other ways to to help make my cost cheaper? the other question i ask, which airlines is better?

Last comment. mods/admin i apologise if this is in the wrong section, please move if need be and inform me of the correction so in the future if i post information needed such as above. i will know where to post it

Thanks again everyone who reads this
Jeremiah
Old Oct 18, 2004, 10:08 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum; Hyatt Platinum; UA 1K
1. You are correct, this isn't the place to post this question . . .so I will try to give you some quick advice before this thread is locked

2. Give up on AA for that route.

3. Assuming that you really can't move the dates, can you move the locations? e.g. can you drive a distance on either end. Perhaps Omaha instead of KC, or Greensboro instead of Raleigh? Even if you don't have a car, etc. you might be able to greyhound it to a less expensive airport if cost is very important (or even greyhound it all the way). [Note: I have no idea if Omaha is actually cheaper than Kansas city, etc.]

4. OK so we'll assume that you have neither spatial nor temporal flexability and you want it as cheap as possible. We are down to convenience. Who travels at the best times for you? Who has the shortest trip time? It appears CO requires routing via somewhere decidedly not along the way, increasing trip time . . . so you will likely opt for Delta.

5. Assuming you choose Delta, you can avoid the surcharge added by most travel agencies and web sites by booking on Delta.Com where you will be offered nine different options, all pricing out at 227.90 inclusive.
Old Oct 18, 2004, 11:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
The Delta flight for $227 mentioned above was the cheapest I could find. There is a $259 from AA available on travelocity.
Old Oct 18, 2004, 11:08 pm

Programs: AA PLT->GLD|HH Gold|SPG PLT->GOLD|HGP Gold|MR Silver
sundrop,

A belated welcome to FlyerTalk!

I'm certainly not going to close the thread -- simply move it to TravelBuzz, where it would be more appropriate to discuss fares in general as well as other travel information. Coupon Connection is specifically for the gifting and trading of travel-related coupons, vouchers, etc.

If you're reading this, you've already made the jump into TravelBuzz, through the wonders of the technology known as vBulletin.

Please feel free to send me a Private Message (PM) if you have further questions on the issue of thread placement -- for further discussion of this topic itself, just click Post Reply!

Thanks,

Dave, a.k.a. dmfriedman
Moderator, Coupon Connection
Old Oct 18, 2004, 11:31 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for the move, i quickly learned where the best place was. i just went to the chat room. thanks. alot to learn. i fly alot, but this would be the hardest one o have done cause i have no real time to prepare, secondly first flight that aa couldnt really help me with. most of the time the military fare helps but this time i cant use it cause its not military related. so assuming i use expedia or travelocity, i tried expedia. they would not do eticket. 20$ for shipping and it told me 2 weeks for shipment, dont understand buying tickets for a little more than a week away but teling me the tickets would take 2 weeks to get here. as far as the times and dates.....

dont mind red eye on thursday, could even be friday AM, dont matter

onyl requirement is AM on monday, got a meeting to attend that i cant rescedule. most of the time. AA does all the sceduling. planning etc for me. so having to make my own interary is new to me :P also the driving thing, i live in joplin missouri...so driving is my only option, STL cost more than MCI, and i also tried little rock, any others? dont mind driving....well not too far please :P

thanks again everyone
Old Oct 19, 2004, 9:12 am
Suspended

If you can use a NW zone cert and fly NW through Memphis, the fare should be $198 plus tax.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 11:13 pm

Programs: MR PL, Hyatt GP Diamond, HH Gold, UA Silver, WN A-LIst, National EE
I am inclined to think that the taxes and fees on the NW certificate would push the total up over the $227 mark. I looked at Southwest, and even though their price is $138 each way, the total comes to $313.

If you are going to book, though, you might do it fast. The best options now on itasoftware.com are nearing $300.

Stevekoe

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.