Rude passenger on Northwest Flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rude passenger on Northwest Flight

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2004, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Japhydog
. . . if you insist on continuously trying to force your seat to recline into my knees that have nowhere else to go.
Even the most stuborn knees move occasionally, allowing gradual re-claiming of paid-for space.

Fortunately, bumping of the seat back does not bother me!

However, it seems elementary common courtesy to check for obstructions before reclining, just as in backing an automobile. Speed reclining is definitely a "No, No."
Old Oct 19, 2004, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oklAAhoma
Rest assured that I think long legs and the knees that are attached to them are outside the realm of compromise. As you say, where are the knees supposed to go? I consider that situation to be more of a courtesy issue... As in: It's not polite to ram your seat back into someone's knees.

Cross my heart - I have never tried to force my seat into recline at the expense of someone's knees. (Although in my early flying days, I was guilty of *speed reclining*. I have since then learned the error of my ways and I now recline slowly and carefully and never during meals.)
I appreciate your courtesy and would never think badly of someone who shows the courtesy you do. I was only getting a kick from your 'cold dead hands' rhetoric.
Old Oct 19, 2004, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Even the most stuborn knees move occasionally, allowing gradual re-claiming of paid-for space.

Fortunately, bumping of the seat back does not bother me!

However, it seems elementary common courtesy to check for obstructions before reclining, just as in backing an automobile. Speed reclining is definitely a "No, No."
Those stubborn knees have nowhere to go! But I agree with you, as I stated in my earlier post, that common courtesy is what we must rely on!
Old Oct 19, 2004, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by Japhydog
I was only getting a kick from your 'cold dead hands' rhetoric.
Actually, I liked your reply to my melodramatic post. But I did want to clarify that although I recline whenever possible, I still have a bit of sympathy for the knees benind me. (It's not *empathy* though because I am vertically challenged. My feet barely reach the floor when I'm sitting in a J seat, so it's hard for me to imagine what it'd be like to have legs that are too long for the space available.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.