Community
Wiki Posts
Search

London

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2004, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

London

Am flying SDF to LON next summer. Will likely go business using AMEX MR points. Best service is out of either CVG on NYC -- JFK or EWR. Now MR points can equal DL, CO, US or Virgin points.

What airline would you fly using miles for the ticket or upgrade. DL flies 763's out of CVG which is really convenient. I know little of Co or Virgin. Any advice?
Old Sep 7, 2004, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Go Virgin. You would need to check in on the VA board for details of when their super new flat bed seat hits EWR/JFK routes but you will find that at least a league ahead of any of the other carriers. Plus the lounges etc are pretty good to.
Old Sep 7, 2004, 7:10 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
While I have never forgiven Virgin for once canceling my flight due to low passenger load and won't fly them, I believe that, since they are not a US carrier, you will not have to pay to transfer Amex miles to them, which would be another reason for you to choose them.
Old Sep 7, 2004, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Summer FF tickets to LHR are few and far between, particularly if you have no status with the airline. UG's may be a bit easier, if you are talking about buying a qualifying ticket, and then paying points for an UG, you may have a chance, but slim.

The airlines almost never give an op UG, transatlantic.

Go to each site, and read about the complaints regarding getting a ff ticket in the summer to get a feeling for what can be done.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.