How does Sidestep fit into all of this?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How does Sidestep fit into all of this?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2004, 11:43 am
Original Poster

I guess sidestep has changed its way because I have yet to see any spyware or have any problems with it eaither. The annoying "clicking" seems to have been eliminated as well. ^. So I guess I'll put a bid up on Priceline for less than what sidestep is offering but if its not accepted I'll go back to sidestep. Unless someone else knows a better alternative for South American travel during christmas.

Thanks

Last edited by Colito04; Sep 2, 2004 at 11:54 am
Old Sep 2, 2004, 2:40 pm

Programs: AA, CO, DL, WN, SPG Gold
I can understand the potential usefulness of the tool to some people.

However, since it watches all browser searches and URL links, sends info to SideStep, and pitched travel options for the SideStep site whenever you go to a travel-related site, I don't want it.

I don't know what SideStep considers travel related and you can't just turn it off. So, I do not want it using my bandwidth and my PC, as part of its' business model, when I am not looking for travel... which is 90% of my Internet use.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by DallasBill
I can understand the potential usefulness of the tool to some people.

However, since it watches all browser searches and URL links, sends info to SideStep, and pitched travel options for the SideStep site whenever you go to a travel-related site, I don't want it.

I don't know what SideStep considers travel related and you can't just turn it off. So, I do not want it using my bandwidth and my PC, as part of its' business model, when I am not looking for travel... which is 90% of my Internet use.
I'm with you on this one, DallasBill

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.