Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

do you show the FA your boarding pass when getting on the plane?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

do you show the FA your boarding pass when getting on the plane?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2004, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
CX always asks. My guess is that since their entire fleet is widebody, they want to direct people either left (much preferred) or right, and either sharp turn or across the galley and turn. In F, they'll walk you to your seat.
Old Aug 25, 2004, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Don't know if this is a requirement, but Qantas always looks at your boarding pass on entering the aircraft.
Old Aug 25, 2004, 9:41 am

Programs: UA, Hilton
Originally Posted by stut
Also, I was quite surprised at which part of the BP you retain in the US and Canada. Standard, over here, is that they retain the larger part of the BP (with the ticket insert - if ATB, it can be inserted, stapled or printed over, depending on the airline) and you retain the stub only. This has a slit or a hole for hangers. As it's credit card sized, it's quite convenient to keep hold of...
Aha...the last time I flew, I noticed the slit in the middle for the first time ever (okay, I can be slow sometimes) and wondered what it was for! Another mystery solved...
Old Aug 25, 2004, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
BA have always done this and SQ/CX seem to be going down the same road. In fact most of the N Amercian carriers seem to want to see my BP most of the time. My first flights on AA came as quite a shock with a bored F/A slouching in the galley rather than policing the boarding pax!
That's what they (AA FA's) are good for slouching in the galley................
Old Aug 25, 2004, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA Gold
I never show my BP unless asked. It often slows down the boarding process, and I want to keep the line moving for schedule's sake.
Old Aug 25, 2004, 12:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Originally Posted by Pickles
In F, they'll walk you to your seat.

Sometimes they will, sometimes they won't.............
Old Aug 25, 2004, 12:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
I only show it if it's asked for. Usually by the time I get to the plane it's stashed into a pocket, my purse, briefcase, etc. On domestic flights, American Eagle is the only one I've had consistently ask to see it when boarding the plane.
Old Aug 25, 2004, 1:43 pm
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Noticed today, for the first time, that, while making the boarding call for a BD AMS-LHR flight, they made a point of saying (in English and Dutch) that you should retain your boarding pass stub for inspection as you enter the aircraft.

Good idea: there's often hold-ups at the end of the airbridge as pax ferret around in their bags or back pockets to retrieve it. But this is the first time I've noticed it stated so explicitly.
Old Aug 25, 2004, 2:16 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by stimpy
Well I've flown over 20 segments with AF (and their subsidiaries) this year and on each and every flight I had to give them my boarding pass. That includes todays regional LYS-NCE flight. As others have noted each BA flight requires this. I've only done a few LH and SK flights earlier this year and don't really recall if they asked for the card. SK is pretty laid back, but on LH it depends on the flight. I've done a bunch on AZ too this year and they also asked for the BP. IB and JK have asked for it except on domestic flights.
I have flown an average of 40 AF segments per year over the last five years. I have ALWAYS been asked to show my boarding pass. Same for BA. For LH, it varies, on OS, never.
Old Aug 25, 2004, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
I always have BPs ready for inspection I'm usually conscious people think I am trying to sneak my way in with the pre-boards when I shouldn't
Old Aug 25, 2004, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
I don't see it done at all on my domestic flights. It seems to occur more often on international flights with two aisle planes. I agree--it slows down the boarding process.
Old Aug 26, 2004, 1:44 am

I travel on USA domestic flights. I keep my BP in hand mainly to make sure I sit in the right place. Sometimes the FA will glance and welcome me onboard (verbally or just a smile). It is a fast glance so I am not sure how much they see.
Old Aug 26, 2004, 4:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
I always have my BP in my hand or shirt pocket, generally with the seat number visible... I look about 23 (and am actually 18), and while I've never had an FA tell me I'm young for sitting up front, I've had a couple of passengers give me an awkward glance ... generally on the US airlines they don't ask but I don't want anyone questioning me when I turn left so I have it visible.
Old Aug 26, 2004, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by andrzej
Sometimes they will, sometimes they won't.............
For me, they only have missed once, when someone else right in front of me was also in F, and the F/A took him before someone else showed up to take me. OT, but isn't it strange what sets people off when it is expected and it doesn't happen? Pleasing the customer is not an easy task.
Old Aug 26, 2004, 6:21 am

I always have the BP in my hand or at least in my shirt pocket and will normally show it even without being asked.
As to slowing down the boarding process: I think that it's much worse when they do want to see it and people don't have the BP at hand.
That said, I am flying lots of different airlines but most of them not that regular that I know beforehand which one is going to insist on seeing the BP and which is not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.