Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airbus A380 Series on TLC

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2004, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

Airbus A380 Series on TLC

Fascinating series on TLC about the A380. It's awe inspiring to see this airplane get built!

http://tlc.discovery.com/schedule/ep...4530&gid=11697
Old Jun 10, 2004, 7:10 pm

Programs: AA Gold; HH Gold
I watched it last night. I was pretty shocked at the size of it. It was hard to get a grasp of exactly how big it was. I can't wait to fly on it someday. Hopefully sooner rather than later.
Old Jun 10, 2004, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
Such serendipitous timing - it starts here in two minutes.

Give me the 7E7 though.
Old Jun 11, 2004, 7:16 am

Programs: BA Gold A3 Gold DL Gold VY apologist
Oh please, SEA_Tigger, don't try to act like you don't want to attend a state dinner (meat, natch) in the forward ballroom of one of those things' J cabins.
Old Jun 11, 2004, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
Alan, my friend, if an airline honestly would fit-out their A380 in the config that Airbus shows in their marketing mock-up, I'd fly it in a heartbeat.

But have you seen Upper Class on a Virgin A340? It looks like a row of cubicles on either side of the aisle. Now expand that to four sets on an A380, and it'll look like a 1990's "cube farm". I can't wait for the FA to drop a set of dishes and 200 Business Class passengers "prairie dog".

I did like the Payloads Manager noting that "yeah, all those things like showers and stuff are nice, but those were created by marketers, not engineers. We'll have showers, but they won't look like a bathroom at the Four Seasons".
Old Jun 11, 2004, 9:26 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Ah well, we won't be seeing it here in ORD....at least not unless we get the expansion project taken care of. Interesting article on it in the Trib early this week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.