Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Seven Hour Layover at "Home" Airport -- Go Home or Stay?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seven Hour Layover at "Home" Airport -- Go Home or Stay?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2004, 12:30 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, Leaders Club
Originally Posted by PresRDC
Good idea. I am currently in negotiations with my father to make such a trip. Problem is that my 8:30 a.m. arrival time would require him to get into work late, which is fine, provided there is nothing big going on. My other idea was to drive to JFK on my own, park in long term parking and leave a second bag in the car. With the Airtrain, it is pretty easy to get out to the lot and I surely have the time. I'd prefer not to have to drive home from JFK after coming off a 12 hour flight from NRT which will be on the heels of a 16 hour flight to HKG and a 5 hour flight to NRT, all in three days.
wow...... you have lots of long flights. Then, stay at the airport! Relax yourself. Be sure to check out the Cathay Pacific lounges if you're flying OneWorld carrier business/ first class out of HKG. They are very nice.

http://www.cathaypacific.com/intl/ai...es/0,,,00.html
Old Jun 29, 2004, 2:37 pm

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
Here's a thought: do any JFK hotels offer park-and-fly, where you can park for free/cheap if you pay for a night? Maybe you could park, go to South America, then pay for a dayroom when you transit, go off to Asia, then return. That would allow you to leave things in your car, sleep in a bed for a few hours, but save on parking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.