Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Germany in May - best time to buy airline ticket?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2004, 4:37 am
Original Poster

I'm looking for some advice from more seasoned travelers. I'm planning to go to Germany for a couple of weeks (outbound May 21 - return June 7) to tour around and spend some time with friends. I've been watching airfare on expedia and several airline pages but everyone tells me to wait until I'm about 30 days before my travel dates. So far the best round-trip price I've seen is $724 on American Airlines. The news has reported that airlines may soon raise ticket prices to offset increasing fuel costs, so should I buy now? The other element I'm trying to consider is that I have a little over 5k miles on my Northwest account from business trips to Detroit - but their price for Germany is a steady $861 so far.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old Mar 18, 2004, 10:11 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Woob:
I'm looking for some advice from more seasoned travelers. I'm planning to go to Germany for a couple of weeks (outbound May 21 - return June 7) to tour around and spend some time with friends. I've been watching airfare on expedia and several airline pages but everyone tells me to wait until I'm about 30 days before my travel dates. So far the best round-trip price I've seen is $724 on American Airlines. The news has reported that airlines may soon raise ticket prices to offset increasing fuel costs, so should I buy now? The other element I'm trying to consider is that I have a little over 5k miles on my Northwest account from business trips to Detroit - but their price for Germany is a steady $861 so far.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
</font>
Welcome to flyertalk!
You should also try this charter airlines:

condor.de
condor.com
ltu.de
ltu.com
Old Mar 18, 2004, 10:28 am
Original Poster

I should clarify: I need to fly out of Rochester NY (ROC) to Frankfurt (FRA) - through DTW, ORD, IAD, PHL, BOS, ATL, LGA or another east coast airport.
Old Mar 18, 2004, 12:50 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Woob:
I should clarify: I need to fly out of Rochester NY (ROC) to Frankfurt (FRA) - through DTW, ORD, IAD, PHL, BOS, ATL, LGA or another east coast airport.</font>
Sorry - Condor and LTU go only to tourist destinations CA, FL ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.