Community
Wiki Posts
Search

South America

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2004, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

South America

Looking for comments from experienced flyers Us/South America. Who has the best service MIA/ATL/HOU to Sao Paulo and/or Santiago. Particularly interested in seat comfort in biz, biz/first or first class. Recline and width crucial. Any flat bed product? All help appreciated!!!
Old Feb 3, 2004, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
If going to Santiago, I would strongly reccomend Lan Chile. They have a flat seat product in F (not suites) and a pretty close to flat seats in J. Food service, especially in F, is the best I've experienced and I've flown Cathay, Qantas and British Airways.

For Sao Paulo, your best bet may well be American in F as they operate Flagship suite (flat beds, lots of privacy) equipped 777s on select flights ex-MIA to GRU. There may be others offering flat beds, but I am not 1000% certain.
Old Feb 3, 2004, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I'll echo the recommendation for Lan Chile. They are great in biz and first. Both AA and UA have beds in F down to Brazil and Argentina. AA flies to many more cities though. AA's biz class is better than UA though.
Old Feb 3, 2004, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by stimpy:
I'll echo the recommendation for Lan Chile. They are great in biz and first. Both AA and UA have beds in F down to Brazil and Argentina. AA flies to many more cities though. AA's biz class is better than UA though.</font>
UA has no more beds in F - its all 763 service to SA these days, and nothing from MIA soon.

You may want to do some trip report searches - there are some extensive Lan reports (search for Mi Querido Chile and The Comprehensive Chile) - as well as notes from other posters.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.