Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Better Bump Day Fri 4/2 or Sat 4/3 ??

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2003, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Better Bump Day Fri 4/2 or Sat 4/3 ??

Anyone have any feeling on a better bump potential, during this spring break/Easter time, I'll be booking BUF-SNA on NW so we'll undoubtly be going through DET or MSP.
Friday is the last day for school so I'm trying to determine if Fri or Sat would be a better bet.
Any feeling on increasing bump potential by scheduling more legs?
ITN doesn't seem to be working the past few days but I'll contiue to try, thanks!
Old Dec 28, 2003, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
vacaman,
There is no way to predict which day would be better for a bump, unless it's a flight on the busiest travel days of the year on the most popular routes (e.g., I've picked up a bump traveling on the Saturday and Sunday after Thanksgiving out of Honolulu for the past two years).
However, you'll find that Friday will probably be a busier travel day than Saturday as there will be more business travelers on the flight heading home (most likely on the MSP/DTW-SNA leg).
Also, although like I said that a bump is unpredictable, www.bumptracker.com has more information on recorded bumps by users and of course, more information can be found over on the NW board as well as this board. Type things like 'oversold' or 'BUMP' etc. Good luck and aloha

p.s. Welcome to FlyerTalk! and there's more information on being bumped on Northwest: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum35/HTML/007484.html

------------------
There is a lot of valuable information that has already been posted on your topic

You can find this information by utilizing the "search" feature on menu bar on this page. Then search for your topic and you should find the information you're looking for.

[This message has been edited by slippahs (edited Dec 28, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by slippahs (edited Dec 28, 2003).]
Old Dec 29, 2003, 8:45 am

I'd have to say Friday because of the all the business travelers.

But your best bet is to ask to be listed on the volunteer bump list when you check in. Good luck!
Old Dec 29, 2003, 9:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Saturday is, in general, a bad day to travel if you are trying to get a voluntary bump voucher.

Friday is best, and on a holiday weekend I'm guessing Thursday will be pretty good too.

Not that this is much help trying to guess whether a specific flight will require volunteers.
Old Dec 29, 2003, 12:28 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
I'll go against the grain here and tell you that the morning flights on the first Saturday of spring break are great bump days. You might take a look at the seat selections. My Saturday spring break flights are already pretty packed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.