Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is $184 a good fare for BWI-MSY?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2003, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Is $184 a good fare for BWI-MSY?

I'm thinking of traveling to New Orleans on 2/13 and returning either 2/21 or 2/22. Presently, if I return on 2/21, I can buy a ticket on US Airways at the flight times I want for $184 on Expedia. Southwest's fare is about $261, and other airlines are between $193-$230. This is SW's lowest fare, by the way, which they are calling their "Internet special." My girlfriend says that $184 is too much to pay because she says SW offers fantastic deals and we should be able to get a ticket for around $150, maybe less. I've personally never traveled SW because they have always either been the same price as other carriers, or more expensive. What do you all think? I personally think that $184 for the flight times I'd like is a very good deal, and I certainly don't expect to pay much less (and would, in fact, pay more than that). Are the airlines likely to release lower fares over the next month? This is close to Mardi Gras and I suspect that demand will be higher, hence higher fares will ensue. Any insights? Any suggestions for getting cheaper fares? Thanks!
Old Dec 29, 2003, 11:37 am

That's a pretty good one. Fares rarely drop below $138 plus fees for this route, so $184 isn't too bad.
Old Dec 29, 2003, 12:03 pm

$184 to the Big Easy in February(isn't high season in 'Orleans the winter month's till April?) is a pretty good buy in my book- not a steal, but a good fare nonetheless. You might be able to gamble and get if for less, but it is what it is- a gamble.

Hope you have fun in New Orleans, I can never get enough of that city...one of my favorite places.
Old Dec 29, 2003, 12:21 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Take it from a NOLA local this is a great deal for the weekend before MG. Prices will only go higher. Not sure if you are planning on staying in downtown but hotels are sky high that weekend and many hotels are already sold out. I would jump on this fare. Getting into NOLA for less that $200 during MG is fab deal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.