Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

How to convince your S.O. to take a bump?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to convince your S.O. to take a bump?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2003, 9:42 pm

Programs: Delta
Agreed that with today's computer technology the % should decrease, but there will always be the intangibles that can't be factored in, and I've had a few experiences just this year where, as they say, "when it rains, it pours."

Voluntarily bumped from DCA-DTW onto DCA-MEM in first-class (to connect to MEM-DTW). Guy sitting next to me was bumped from DCA-MSP. Upon arrival in MEM, I checked in with GA to get a seat, and she had to ask for yet another volunteer to bump from MEM-DTW to let me on.

Voluntarily bumped from LGA-DTW onto LGA-MSP (to connect to MSP-DTW). The next LGA-DTW flight was also flashing "volunteers needed", as were the LGA-MEM and LGA-MSP flights (including the one I got bumped onto).

Didn't take a bump on DTW-BOS (needed to meet S.O. there), but it was painful resisting. Before boarding, they were offering $300 + first-class on next flight. During boarding, they announced there was a computer glitch that assigned multiple people to the same seat, told everyone to grab any free seat they could fine, and asked anyone who wanted DBC to go to the front of the plane. Had to wait 5-10 minutes before they finally got enough volunteers to leave the plane (but they didn't end up sweetening the offer).
Old Dec 24, 2003, 9:21 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
pinniped, what happened was that they offered a $500 voucher for a voluntary bump. When no one took it, they then went up to 600, then 700, then 800. At that point the plane needed to go, so they bumped us and gave us each $800.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.