Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Buenos Aires: Recoleta vs Centro (downtown)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buenos Aires: Recoleta vs Centro (downtown)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2002, 3:19 pm

I was trying to plan an Iguazu trip myself but it appears impossible to get a return airfare from Buenos Aires for less than $250-$300 unless you're a resident of Argentina. I know that I have read about many a person getting these flights for so cheap (under $100), but I am not successful. However, the package deals I am being quoted are in the $300-$400 range for 4 nights hotel w/airfare. So it seems like a package is the best bet.

Roger, I am dealing with Felix @ Mendi Tours [email protected] who has been very responsive via email. I don't know about his English abilities but will guess that he or someone else is probably fluent.
Old Nov 11, 2002, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by R&R:
I like to eat an early dinner about 3-5 PM. Would that be Lunch time?</font>
Restaurants open for dinner at ~7:30, and lunch around ~12:30-3:00. I find it easier to just "go with the flow," and just shift my whole day several hours later and avoid jet lag (from the west coast).

John

Old Nov 11, 2002, 3:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Roger:
Now I have two more questions:
- can somebody recommend an AR travel agent who can sell us a tour of 10 days or so excluding BA - this would need to include Iguazu and Ushuaia and possibly more, flights(?) and transfers? Mi espanol es muy mal.
</font>
If you can wait until you get to BA, your hotel can probably help you. I know that one of my friends on the exec desk at the Hilton has contacts with a local TA who books for guests and has the tickets delivered to the hotel. And you can pay in US$ (cash).

John

Old Nov 12, 2002, 2:49 pm

For those who are interested in having a good travel agent in Buenos Aires I can recommend Gustavo from Clover Tours that has been working with me and it's a very good travel agent and speaks english fluently.
His email is [email protected]
Old Dec 16, 2003, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Found this thread - shame the early one got corrupted!

Reconquista Plaza is booked out Jan 5/6, so I will need to find another similar deal - Suites for $40-$60 a night with breakfast for two are tough to find.

------------------
~ Glen ~ sipping bubbly from a UA 747-400 exit row 15 near you SOON!

[This message has been edited by ozstamps (edited Dec 16, 2003).]
Old Dec 19, 2003, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Well - we are looking forward to this, and thanks again to Gaucho for playing the superb host as always.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum95/HTML/004095.html

We will be back in EZE for January 6 and 7 if anyone is about then. And I DID find a great SUITE deal hotel.

I booked this 4* hotel right in the middle of the Av. Florida/Santa Fe Shopping area for $45 a night! King bedded Suite, Jacuzzi, breakfast, Champagne and flowers even. AND they even okayed a 7pm checkout as our flight is 10pm on 7th.

I used [email protected]

Hotel Sheltown

Special Offer: HONEY MOON

Special room rate: USD 45.00 + VAT (MINIMUM 2 NIGHTS)

Honey moon special offer in SUITE with living room, balcony or terrace, jacuzzi, bathroom with hair dryer and telephone. (up to 3 persons)

Including breakfast buffet, champagne and flowers.

------------------
~ Glen ~ sipping bubbly from a UA 747-400 exit row 15 near you SOON!
Old Dec 21, 2003, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: aa/ua gold; mar titanium. SPG till I die.
I booked the Gran Hotel in BUE. My best friend lives there and said it´s location is fine.

I´ll tell you what.. I´m sure going to miss Rio when I leave here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.