Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Relocation

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2003, 3:47 pm

Programs: *wood Gold, Marriott Gold, DL Silver, Hilton Silver, F9 Ascent
I've been lucky in that my only relos were both fully paid--including the last one where they flew me to the new town in F because no Y seats were left while at the same time, shipping my car to the new location

Of course I felt like a small fry later. When I was talking to the lady in Transport who was giving me an update on the location of my belongings and my car, she told me that she was arranging for an employee relo from Southern California to Hawaii! Not only that, but the relo officer told her that the employee was going to telecommute!!!
Old Nov 6, 2003, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Comicwoman:
While I am excited about the job and the opportunity (been years since I had those feelings)...</font>
Thanks for the inspiration C'Woman!

Congrats on the job!

Old Nov 6, 2003, 5:04 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Minneapolis bound...but still loyal to AA</font>
For how long? NW is your best option in MSP! I know that it will be hard to take. Upgrades to FC on all your NW flights. Nice agents. Direct flights (rather than through ORD).

The best news with MSP are the dry winters...
Old Nov 6, 2003, 7:48 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by missydarlin:
SO when's the housewarming party?</font>
THIS was the ? I was waiting for, good one missy.
Old Nov 6, 2003, 8:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Good luck! Thankfully when I relo'd I got a full relo pkg, but then I was a cheap relo (1 bedroom apt) compared to now (4 bedroom house loaded with furniture). The only area I got it on was the temp housing....I had to pay & expense but instead of grossing it up to include taxes they put in the actual expense as the gross.

Good luck on the move! Hope you end up near the lakes...they're great!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.