Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Lufthansa Experience - Am I the Only one?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2003, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Just returned from trip to Italy (SFO to Florence thru Munich on the way there, Frankfort on the way back). The Airbus there had NO space for anyone over 5'4". The most cramped space I've ever eperienced. It was 9 hours of agony. Coming back on a 737 was better space but the connection thru Frankfort was the worst experience of all my flying years. 8 Security checks before getting to the Gate. Our Lufthansa flight from Florence was late compounded by Security so we were late for check-in. Lufthansa said we lost our seats and they had none left. We reminded them it was their plane that was late. The 3 people at the desk were all rude. We were told to reticket on a 2pm flight (United codeshare). When we got to the ticking counter they grilled us why we MISSED our flight. After explaining our ordeal again she amazingly said that we actually did have seats on the missed flight and they were held them until flight time. Hmmm - why were we turned away? After being reticked, We were told seat assignments would be given at the gate. The Gate was Total chaos - Lufthansa attributed additional Security checks and being told to line up in queues over and over to the FAA and its regulations. I thought Lufthansa was organized and efficient. Guess not. Don't think I'll fly them again. Service in air was excellent, by the way, but getting off the ground was one effort I don't want to repeat.

------------------
Old Nov 4, 2003, 4:55 pm

Programs: UA
Now you know why I as a poor college student prefer to pay 100 dollars more to have my UA metal take me over to ocean
Intra-germany flights are great with Lufthansa, especially the service they provide on the short distances, but everything over 2 hours comes equal to me to the DEN-DIK flights (who do not have lavatories on boards, so figure how good the meal service is...)
Old Nov 4, 2003, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for posting. Welcome to FlyerTalk, Gerius. I am sorry but this is the incorrect place to post this great post.

I lack the ability to transfer it but can you please go to FT Miles, and find the Lufthansa forum and post there?

Another possibliity is FT Miles, the Trip Reports section.

Thanks!

--richard, moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.