Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

When will airports dump CNN AIRPORT NEWORK for CNBC WORLD or BLOOMBERG??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2003, 4:49 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

You know, airports claims they want to avoid "air rage", but the bumbs who created such a term was CNN and their BS. So, it came over me on my last trip that every airport I go through is always CNN AIRPORT NETWORK with bogus promotions, slapping themselves on the shoulders and stories that have nothing to do with business. Instead we get, walking out of an aircraft or waiting for one outside the lounge (or inside the lounge for Heaven's Sake):

- CNN: Hezbolla, Al Queda, Hamas
- CNN: Jewish bombins
- CNN: Lacy Peterson
- CNN: Larry King on Lacy Peterson
- CNN: Iraq War and what's new in Iraq
- CNN: More disasters
- CNN: Today lose your fat fingers
- CNN: Teenage Sex
- CNN: Lou Dobbs Moneyline with all the stories written above that have NOTHING TO DO WITH MONEY

Shall I go on? A majority of people in airports are on business. So why are we tortured with the most *untrusted*, bogus monopoly news network monopoly AOL TIME WARNER being hit to us from every speaker, every TV?? It's **SICKENING**, unamerican, and wrong!!

Anyone ever heard of Bloomberg?? Or how about CNBC or even better CNBC WORLD?? How about some business, markets, currency exchanges that change on the fly?? No, we get IRAQ, AL QUEDA, OSAMA, ISREAL, PALESTINE, EGYPT, phony Terror Alert Warnings from the US Government when they don't have the public listen to what this unelected governmenht is hearing!! In other words, who gives a flying F!!

Just a rant, straight from the heart, and vote NO on Bush in 2004!!

SHADO
Old May 20, 2003, 6:08 pm

Location: Orange County (SNA) CA, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SHADO:
It's **SICKENING**, unamerican, and wrong!!</font>
LOL - guess you are off your medication again or are you really Macarthy in disguise?

(edited to correct spelling)

[This message has been edited by Vaze (edited 05-20-2003).]
Old May 20, 2003, 7:25 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

No, just AOL TIME WARNER owning your competitor.
Old May 20, 2003, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
How much of the capital expense of all those monitors was by CNN? Maybe they self-destruct if you change the programming?
Old May 20, 2003, 9:26 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
My guess would be that those monitors and the rest are owned by CNN, If memory serves me right one of them had the TV's logo'd with CNN logos.
Old May 20, 2003, 9:59 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SHADO:

[snip]

A majority of people in airports are on business.

[snip]

</font>
I think you just made this up.
Old May 20, 2003, 10:18 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, UA Premier, Hilton Gold
As much as may personally hate those CNN shows they run in the airports, I am sure that the airports will have them for as long as CNN is ready to pay (and supply the TVs).

Most likely, CNBC is simply not interested in beating what CNN offers to the airport.s

[This message has been edited by yevlesh2 (edited 05-20-2003).]
Old May 21, 2003, 11:26 am
Suspended
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by yevlesh2:
Most likely, CNBC is simply not interested in beating what CNN offers to the airport.s
</font>
You know, you are probably very right. CNBC (owned by GE and part of the NBC network) pays Katie Couric $15 million a year for her crap and that is also very disgusting.

I guess we will all know when AOL TIME WARNER gets in deeper debt when those TVs are off? That would be a good time to sell the stock, like when the Iraqi Regime left by shutting off the electricity? Hmmmmmmmm.....what a concept!
Old May 22, 2003, 4:42 am

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
Forget CNBC and Bloomberg. I wish they would get rid of ALL TVs in the gate areas. Like airports aren't already stressful enough with all the noise and crowds--we have to make it worse by putting noisy TVs in every gate and forcing travelers, a captive audience, to listen to them. Even worse, many of the airline clubs have TVs now! There is nowhere to go to escape the din! Am I the only one who likes to read quietly when I'm waiting for my flight??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.