Reload this Page >

Getting from LGA to downtown Manhattan

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Getting from LGA to downtown Manhattan

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2003, 6:04 pm

I thought the water taxi no longer operates. Delta canned it 2 years ago.

Is it back?
Old Apr 19, 2003, 12:29 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by meFIRST:
I thought the water taxi no longer operates. Delta canned it 2 years ago.

Is it back?
</font>
No - The Water taxi operated mostly from the Marine Terminal - convenient for the DL Shuttle
Old Apr 19, 2003, 11:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
This is one of my pet peeves with NYC airports (EWR excepted).

Like Boston, the NYC bus/ subway connection appears to be designed to be inconvenient.

At Logan, you must board a bus ( different busses for different terminals ;-) and then wait for the interminably slow Blue line train which goes to the wrong parts of town. Connections, etc, and one hour transpires for a simple three-mile journey from Logan to the true center of Boston (Copley). I have heard that the system is designed to be slow because of taxi drivers' concerns about fare losses.

NYC has this problem, perhaps worse than Boston. Cities of this size should have a one-seat system to get arriving passengers into the center of town (in NYC probably both Midtown and Downtown) at a three dollar fare, maximum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.