Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

What was the point of searching Al Gore TWICE?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What was the point of searching Al Gore TWICE?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2002, 9:41 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Soonerman:
Maybe it had nothing to do with security at all. Maybe they were really looking for those missing Whitehouse doorknobs and keyboards. </font>
LOL

------------------
I Love New York -- Viva España
Old Jun 17, 2002, 1:11 pm

Searching Mr. Gore twice - fine. What I want to know is: did they let the Secret Service on the plane with their sidearms?

------------------
I miss Canadian Airlines
Old Jun 17, 2002, 1:39 pm

Programs: HH Gold. (Former) UA PP, DL PM, PC Plat
Didn't we decide that the Secret Service doesn't protect former V.P.'s?
Old Jun 19, 2002, 9:11 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LarryJ:
Didn't we decide that the Secret Service doesn't protect former V.P.'s?</font>
The Secret Service protects Mr. & Mrs. VP for life.

As far as the "random" selection of Vice President Gore and other celebrities, might this have something to do with curious screeners enjoying the chance to rummage through the personal effects of the celebrities and later brag to their friends about who they felt up that day?
Old Jun 20, 2002, 9:19 am

Programs: HH Gold. (Former) UA PP, DL PM, PC Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TransWorldOne:
The Secret Service protects Mr. & Mrs. VP for life.</font>
Apparently not. Gore was accompanied by an aide but no secret service agent(s).

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">As far as the "random" selection of Vice President Gore</font>
Why do you think it was random selection? Since he was designated as a security selectee on both legs it's far more likely that his selection was due to his travel pattern matching one of several selection criteria.

Old Jun 20, 2002, 10:59 am

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TransWorldOne:
The Secret Service protects Mr. & Mrs. VP for life.

</font>
Not true. We already covered this earlier in the thread.

Old Jun 20, 2002, 3:36 pm

I don't know...I would be suspicious of Gore if I was an airport screener.

After all, I would have to take a close look at anyone who I suspect is very, very angry. And no man has a right to be angry more than Al Gore. He was SUPPOSED to be doing all his flying on Air Force 1 and Air Force 2.
Old Jun 21, 2002, 2:12 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
it's probably in the random search profile to check anyone who invented the internet or global warming !
Old Jun 21, 2002, 6:41 am

Gore fits the profile for selection; recently shaved his beard after the fall of the Taliban and has a propensity for re-inventing himself and making outrageous "exaggerations".
Then again, either it's a vast, fanatical far "right-wing conspiracy" or maybe the screeners are FOB (friends of Bill) who disapproved of the way Gore chose to distance himself from their favorite ex-president. )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.