Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Do you ask fellow passengers to stop doing something annoying?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do you ask fellow passengers to stop doing something annoying?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2002, 1:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CozumelJen:

"it's my kid and he can do what he bloody well pleases."</font>
It's people like these who need to be removed from the gene pool. Nothing is worse than a parent like that because they breed children who will become just like them.
Old Mar 28, 2002, 2:50 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Analise:
It's people like these who need to be removed from the gene pool. Nothing is worse than a parent like that because they breed children who will become just like them.</font>
I agree. Kill them all....
Old Mar 29, 2002, 7:43 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
I was in a "middle" (as opposed to window) first suite LAX-IAD and was, well, let's say tired. Anyway, the person in the suite next to me was a UA mechanic wearing his coveralls and heavy workboots. He was, er, HUGE. Anyway, he was bouncing his boots along to the music he was listening to on United Entertainment (it only took me 5 minutes to figgure out he was listening the southern rock channel). Of course, my entire suite was bouncing along, and since I was ALREADY a little queasy....

Anyway, I KNEW this called for radical action.

So I turned to him, smiled and politely asked him to stop.

Guess what? He did.

As for ripping paper, window shades up, etc. Those things call all be alleviated by a set of noise canceling headphones and some eyeshades.... By taking control of the situation yourself this way, you may even feel empowered (just dont expect an EMPower jack...)

Old Mar 29, 2002, 11:43 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
I offer to enlighten little Timmy about whiskey and cigarettes. The parents usually move little Timmy immediately.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by slawecki:
How do you get the little kid to stop kicking your seatback when the parents don't care.</font>
Old Mar 29, 2002, 11:44 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
"That's it! It's go time!" And the gloves would hit the aisle.

Or.. "Your son is going to be feeding you your meals through a straw about 40 years earlier than you had planned if you don't make him stop kicking my seat immediately."

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Buster:
The seat kicker is a real pet peeve of mine. I had one horrible United flight that never got off the ground where we sat on the plane at the gate for 2+ hours. The entire time, 2 children took turns kicking my seat. After an hour and a half, I turned around and asked the parents to please ask their children to stop kicking my seat. His response? "If you don't like it, then pay to fly first class. My kids can do whatever they like." ARGH!

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest.
</font>

[This message has been edited by Spiff (edited 03-29-2002).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.